Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to buy and where?

ClaireDe

I'm looking to buy some accessories for my MP. At the moment I have on my list - electric hook up, shower connector, mattress/topper, maybe mats for the driver / passenger seats. Does anyone have these and where did they get them from? Any views on worth getting or not?

Anything obvious that I've missed?

Also what length hook up should I buy?

Thanks in advance!

Katie

We got the rubber mats from our mb dealer - fair price and very good quality.
Hook up lead - I think it’s best to buy a 25 metre lead. Although quite often you won’t need the full length, sometimes you do, especially abroad. We already had the 25m lead and bought a 10m lead, which is actually all I’ve needed so far.
Some people have a 10m and a 15m lead with a connector, so they can use any combination they like! I find it’s awful to have choices!
Mattress topper - I would wait until getting the van before deciding if I needed it if you are only using the top bed. We’ve found it very comfortable without a topper
One thing we’ve found very useful is the Comfortz external window screen cover. It keeps the screen free from condensation and helps to keep the van cool, as well as making it dark. The one provided with the van looks like a bit of an afterthought although it does provide privacy and if the front seats are not swivelled round is easy enough to fit. It won’t help stop condensation though.

ClaireDe

Thanks Katie - very helpful.

I now have the van and my kids will sleep up top (nice and comfy) and I'll sleep below but would like a mattress/topper - MB is really expensive. I was thinking of Duvalay. Really want to keep things small when packed up as will have 4 people in the van.

I'll look at the Comfortz external cover. How small does it pack up? Did you look at the Brandrup isolate as well? Although I can see they are more expensive!

Thanks for your advice.

Katie

I think the Comfortz cover packs up smaller than the Brandrup. It comes with its own bag and is easy to pack away into a rectangular shape that fits at the top of one of our storage boxes in the bottom half of the boot

ClaireDe

Thanks - I've now looked at the cover and it looks good. Did you get the cover for the pop up as well?

It is something we've been thinking of buying but there seems to be so much to buy and it is all adding up!

Katie

I’ve not got the cover for the pop up as we only got the van in March so do not currently need one for insulation. Not suffered any hard downpours whilst we’ve been away but can pop the roof up at home if it gets wet
To be honest, unless we find we really need this I am not too keen to purchase, as I want as little work to do in setting up and driving off and don’t want to store more than necessary
Why not wait until you’ve used your van a bit before forking out on any of the more non essential options? Your needs might well be different from others

ClaireDe

Thanks. Suspect my needs will be different from others - I'm not really a camper and first time with a Campervan so just want to make sure I'm (very!) comfortable as well as having the basics.

Palle Nielsen

https://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup...s-benz/ixtend-mercedes-benz-viano-marco-polo/
https://www.outwell.com/en-gb/ecommerce/accessories/collaps-collection

Hi there..
We are currently travelling trough europe with two children for 4 months. (less can also do it)
here is a list of things we think is need to have and nice to have..

Need to have in europe:
1: Water filling equipment like the foldable bottle and nose. (many places in france and spain you can't fit a hose)

Nice to have:
1: The ixtend folding bed. (this is comfort for a long yourney but it fits very good in the car and doesn't take a lot of space as it can be folded)
2: Collapsing pots and cooking items from Outwell (this saves a lot in space in the cabinets so you have room for all the food from the markets everywhere)
This is the best products we have bought and we're sorry the we didn't bought the whole series.

3: We have the MB curtain for the front windows. one curtain for all windows (very good when parking more than a night to cool the car from the sun)

4: We have the westfalia tent for the rear opening. (useful if you want to shower in the back and don't want to stand naked on the beach but we haven't used it alot)

If you have the new marco polo you can have the set with table and chairs. it looks very nice. and that is what we sometimes miss on a trip like ours.

Regards
Palle

ClaireDe

Thanks Palle, that's great.

I've bought a few things like the shower connector. Interesting that you have water filling equipment as essential - did you buy Brandrup? I think I will.

I've got a mattress on order for bottom bed. Not ixtend but hoping it will not take up much space to store. Also ordered insulated cover for windscreen as well as the curtain.

It all adds up!

Hope you're enjoying your trip through Europe. I've started looking for campsites so let me know if you recommend any - always good to have a Wishlist of places to visit.

Thanks

WILLH

The ixtend is comfy-for a Campervan mattress.My daughter wanted to give our van a trial night on our drive so I swapped the comfort of my Vi-Spring for the evening and slept downstairs in the van on the ixtend and my daughter upstairs on the standard mattress.We actually both had a really good nights sleep with the night air movement through the van a welcome relief from our stuffy bedrooms in the house in the current UK heatwave.