Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water heater issues!

Lemmonandblack

Hi,
Spent our first winter night out last night -5 ! we thought it wouldn’t be a problem as we could set the auxiliary water heater to give us an hour long blast of heat. However after the first cycle a warning came on the dash saying “heater in operable battery low” we were connected to mains electric, and I thought that the battery charged when connected. (Or does the heater work off the vehicle battery?)
Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Lemonandblack

The auxiliary diesel water heater is designed primarily for pre heating the engine when cold with the added benefit that it will also warm the car. It is powered off the vehicle battery. The vehicle battery will charge off the mains hookup, but only when the leisure battery is fully charged (I think) and then only enough to start the engine. I don’t think it will probably charge enough to run the auxiliary water heater.

If you need a heater in the MP overnight when on electrical hook up, then maybe a small electrical heater may do the job ? We have a small oil filled radiator that works of the 240v socket.

Hope this helps.

Andy B