Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vinyl floor protector

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
No, I can't see any liquid doing much protection myself and if you don't like the finish how do you remove it?

The floor is very poor imo, and as has been said on here if you want to stop it being scratched cover it with something. Any floor covering that needs to be covered to protect it shouldn't have been fitted in the first place.

Marc o Polo

Hi, Gek,

I have been thinking about the same too. Having used "roll and stroll protector" in the house (for decorating!) I thought about putting that in the van too but who wants to read that text plastered all over the floor! My gut feeling is the same as Samebutdifferent: find something to lay over the floor if you need to protect. I have used a thick sheet of grey sugar paper - found it reasonably strong and generally quite good elsewhere in the house, again protecting whilst decorating, I have some left over and will consider using that if I need too.

I am thinking of purchasing some rubber trips that slot into the floor channels. Hope it is a simple matter when converting seating, prepared to give it go anyway.

Welcome to the site...

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I am thinking of purchasing some rubber trips that slot into the floor channels. Hope it is a simple matter when converting seating, prepared to give it go anyway.

Welcome to the site...

Great idea but not good in practice. I thought the same as you and bought some strip from Koller.co.uk nothing wrong with the strip but a pita to fit and remove for seat adjustment. I permanently fitted a small strip up to the limit for the bed as in photo, and have some spare if you want to message me.

Flooring.jpg

You can see the scratches that were from pushing a plastic port potti across the floor, no grit or anything just the plastic base.

Flooring 1.jpg

Carpet is also a pita to keep clean but temporarily I have covered the floor with some from petrebellion.co.uk not great quality but £7 a meter, doesn't fray when cut so stuck a couple of pieces together. Easy to remove for bed adjustment and take out and give it a good shake.

A van conversion company should be able to remove the factory stuff and fit some Altro Safety Flooring which is the standard as far as camper vans is concerned.

Flooring 2.jpg

Grand Tourismo

Great idea but not good in practice. I thought the same as you and bought some strip from Koller.co.uk nothing wrong with the strip but a pita to fit and remove for seat adjustment. I permanently fitted a small strip up to the limit for the bed as in photo, and have some spare if you want to message me.

View attachment 1537

You can see the scratches that were from pushing a plastic port potti across the floor, no grit or anything just the plastic base.

View attachment 1538

Carpet is also a pita to keep clean but temporarily I have covered the floor with some from petrebellion.co.uk not great quality but £7 a meter, doesn't fray when cut so stuck a couple of pieces together. Easy to remove for bed adjustment and take out and give it a good shake.

A van conversion company should be able to remove the factory stuff and fit some Altro Safety Flooring which is the standard as far as camper vans is concerned.

View attachment 1539
Hi SBD, you MIGHT be able to reduce/remove those scratches with a warm air gun or hairdryer maybe? PLEASE NOTE: I haven't done this and you would need to check in an unobtrusive area first....but I have watched a few videos showing plastic repair to car dash and door panels on YouTube which seem to deal with most plastic damage.

My floor is the light colour and as such the scratches probably don't show up as much.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
I can see that just with normal use the floor will be covered in scratches in no time.

I know there's lots of tricks with WD40 and other homemade concoctions that work to temporarily hide scratches, much like waxing a car hides swirls until it wears off, but if the heat thing works it may be a permanent fix. I'll give it a go @Grand Tourismo perhaps on a inconspicuous area in the back.

Grand Tourismo

I can see that just with normal use the floor will be covered in scratches in no time.

I know there's lots of tricks with WD40 and other homemade concoctions that work to temporarily hide scratches, much like waxing a car hides swirls until it wears off, but if the heat thing works it may be a permanent fix. I'll give it a go @Grand Tourismo perhaps on a inconspicuous area in the back.
Cool, I'd be interested to know how you get on...I think the process is effectively melting the top layer of coating on the vinyl to fill up the scratch cavity

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Hum.... heat gun didn't work. Can't find WearMax or similar in stock anywhere.