Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs bed in bad weather.....

Ridgeway

Hi,
We’ve just returned from a weekend away when it rained for the first time in the 3 months we’ve had our MP!
We managed to put the roof down after it had dried after a few showers on the first night but, as the forecast was wet for the second night we decided to leave it down and sleep on the downstairs bed.....
The outcome? We anticipated it being uncomfortable as we don’t have the mattress topper but were pleasantly surprised as it was VERY comfortable! We also slept much longer than anticipated due to the black out blinds compared to the light where the upstairs bed is.
Our humble verdict? Don’t rush and buy a topper until you’ve tried the bed without one. (We slept on a thin quilt beneath us on the bed).
We’ve decided if the weather is forecast to be wet we’ll keep the roof down and will sleep ‘downstair’ thus not needing to worry about drying the roof before we close it.
Appreciate this might be old news to some but it’s something we discovered on this rainy trip and it may help others.

Katie

Hi Ridgeway
Reassuring to hear downstairs bed is comfortable without topper.
We too have had our van only a few months and no rain over four outings of about 30 nights in total.
I think we shall try to use the upstairs in the rain as we can always dry out the bellows when it stops raining but I think we might use downstairs if it is as windy as it has been over the last couple of nights
We have a very compact single sleeping bag that we keep in one of the back lockers which we could use as a mattress topper like you. If I was really desperate I might just drag down the mattress from upstairs but don’t think I’ll need to as it’s always sunny when Penelope goes out anywhere!

Ian Chadwick

Hi to Katie and Ridgway,
Since we purchased our MP we have slept on the lower level but use the mattress from the upper deck covered with a fitted sheet its easy enough to pull down goes back up in a morning with the fitted sheet still on, as there are only two of us it saves buying a topper and gives more storage room