Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Pressures

PeterA

I have a 3 litre 2009 (09) Viano Bilbo's Westfalia DeZine 4 and am unsure what pressure to use when the van is empty (driver + passenger) and when laden with awning, chairs, clothes etc, etc. Any advice gratefully received.

PeterA

Thanks for posting your reply. Yes there are where you said but I have always believed they were for a straightforward Viano van not necessarily for a conversion. I have no idea if the weight of the conversion items and roof etc equate to an unloaded van or a lightly loaded one?

Method7

It’s one of those grey areas where you have to make the judgement, almost certainly lightly loaded since the van in a empty state would be considerably lighter, if your conversion was based on a van but I would presume the conversion was done to a people carrier or MPV that could possibly seat 7-8 people and their seats.. I know from experience that those seats are very heavy, my old V280 had 5 removable seats that we often shuffled around.

If you have a kitchenette and a double seat in the back, add the roof bits and two passengers you are probably still only moderately loaded + luggage, a awning a couple of bikes on the back and some surfboards on the roof then maybe you should consider it fully loaded.

All of this is tyre pressure guidance is subjective really since tyre wear should be dictating tyre pressures, the supplied recommended guidance is simply that. I would stick to what it says on the sticker it will be pretty close to your optimum pressures, this changes with different tyres and temperatures. Assuming your tracking is good, high pressures will wear the central section and low pressure will wear the edges (equally).

SteveR

This is for current vehicles but may help to give you a ballpark....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 16.52.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 16.52.26.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 16.54.12.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 16.54.12.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 58

Method7

@SteveR ha thats funny, only fully loaded when a MP with cupboard and kitchenette, but that seats 4 where the horizon seats 5 and the V-class seats 7. I struggle to believe that some laminated ply wood and a fridge weigh as much as 3 adults and their luggage.

PeterA

Thanks to you all for your comments, I will adopt method7's approach and use the printed info as guidance and keep a watch on the actual tyre wear. Off for a Peroni now, I know it's a bit early but it is very hot!! Thanks again.