Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Transporting a dog

Grand Tourismo

I have just ordered a Brandrup cover to go over the parcel shelf cushion to keep it clean...got to sleep on that when I take the crate out!

Might be worth considering a remote temperature sensor as well - I have a wired one which is use in my other car if the dog is in the boot, the sun can be beating in through the rear glass whilst you are all cool with the aircon up front...I'm thinking of a wireless one if I can find such a thing.

GeorgeG

I have just ordered a Brandrup cover to go over the parcel shelf cushion to keep it clean...got to sleep on that when I take the crate out!

Might be worth considering a remote temperature sensor as well - I have a wired one which is use in my other car if the dog is in the boot, the sun can be beating in through the rear glass whilst you are all cool with the aircon up front...I'm thinking of a wireless one if I can find such a thing.
I had a Brandrup mattress cover in my California. Usual excellent Brandrup quality but at a price. My then 2 springer spaniels failed to destroy it - very robust.

Grand Tourismo

So where does the crate live when you sleep?
Well, as we are new to the MP we have not yet used it to sleep in, but I expect it will sit nicely under the chair/table bag...it folds flat to around 10cm deep when you remove two spring loaded poles, in less than a minute.

Although in all honesty I haven't bought the MP to camp in per se...I see it as a long distance day van with the occasional night out or ultra luxurious socially isolated travel to rental properties...camping may develop but it is not my target.

felamy10

We've a new working cocker spaniel puppy along with a new MP. We have a cage that we stick just behind the front seats with the cage sitting on an anti-slip mat. It's perfect for day use. We haven't slept in the MP yet but planning (with Boris's approval) our first trip out to Cornwall in late April. We are thinking that the puppy's cage will stay in the same place and we will sleep in the top bed. Whether this will work we will see.

SteveR

We've a new working cocker spaniel puppy along with a new MP. We have a cage that we stick just behind the front seats with the cage sitting on an anti-slip mat. It's perfect for day use. We haven't slept in the MP yet but planning (with Boris's approval) our first trip out to Cornwall in late April. We are thinking that the puppy's cage will stay in the same place and we will sleep in the top bed. Whether this will work we will see.
Hello and welcome to the forum @felamy10 . I think your solution would work fine for us generally. However, on occasion, our daughter joins us so the bottom bed would also be required, therefore nowhere for the crate