Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Traffic Announcements

Spekky

Maybe I am on my own with this, but I often like to have the radio muted, but to listen to the TA. Whatever I do, I cannot seem to get the Traffic Announcements to start at an audible volume. They come on, but so quiet that it is easy to miss them. I turn up the volume, which is then fine, but the next one is really quiet again.

The Nav announcements are perfectly OK.

According to the manual, once the volume is set, it ought to be retained...

To set the volume for traffic announcements and navigation messages: adjust the settings during traffic or navigation announcements.

I have also tried the automatic volume adjustment on and off and it makes no difference.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Except taking it back to the dealer - I have had enough of that recently.

Are you muting the radio with either the audio mute on the steering wheel or by pressing the volume wheel in?
Either works, try setting a suitable volume for the radio and then muting with one of the options.

Spekky

Thanks - Yes I have tried both these options, including setting various volumes during the TA. It always defaults back to whisper quiet again.

The car has had to go back to MB for for the past few days (Visit number 4), who I hope are sorting out the other new and more serious problems I have had, and hopefully will fix this and everything else.

If they come up with an answer, I will report back.