Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top Tip For The Folding Table Bump Stop

Paul Hellawell

To my dismay the last time I moved my folding table out I found the standard bump stop which is supposed to be attached at the fridge end above the polished aluminium trim lying there, in the trim groove, bereft of all function. This meant the table could be slid further than intended on its runners.

The standard bump stop is a pathetically under-engineered excuse of a thing, mounted on a fragile plastic stalk so I got to thinking how to remedy the problem. I measured the area where it fits and got to googling. I decided I needed a piece of 25mm diameter cylindrical rubber that I might glue into place so I ordered a length of such a thing and set to it.

Cut to the same length as the original, I then discovered to my delight there was no need for any glue. I opened the kitchen drawer and placed the new stop in the kitchen drawer trim, closed it, and slid the new bump stop along into the trim under the fridge until it was in place. (This obviated the need for riskily pushing it straight in underneath the glossy plastic trim of the fridge area because seating it in the drawer groove first made it lower, but still a push fit). Here are the results. I love it when a plan comes together. A definite upgrade if I say so myself. :)

IMG_7268.jpg