Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top ten essential items for new Marco Polo owners

alltorque

Hi everyone - I've just written a new blog post on what I consider to be ten highly useful bits of gear to stock up on after you've forked out your life savings on the actual campervan! This is stuff that we've either personally tested and used or have had positive feedback from via our Marco Polo owning friends . I'd be interested in what your "must have" extras are for your camping adventures in your Marco Polo and we'll look to update the post over time. Cheers, Marc

Last edited:

Epigram

Ha ! Great minds think alike !
I have exactly the same but the one that goes camping is from Ikea.

Great blog, makes a good read. I went down the solar panel route and have an inverter rather than the Battery power pack. That is one expensive item!
Great website though will follow, cheers, Paul

alltorque

Great blog, makes a good read. I went down the solar panel route and have an inverter rather than the Battery power pack. That is one expensive item!
Great website though will follow, cheers, Paul
Great feedback - thanks Paul! Agreed on the battery power pack - my friend has one in his MP and it absolutely rocks - it's the ability to boil a kettle when not on hookup, but I guess that's what gas power was invented for!

I'd really appreciate any details on your solar setup - I want to write a round-up on the best options for those too. I've seen some low profile options for the MP but involves drilling the roof - not ideal! Thanks again for your comments - makes the time spent on it seem worthwhile!

Great feedback - thanks Paul! Agreed on the battery power pack - my friend has one in his MP and it absolutely rocks - it's the ability to boil a kettle when not on hookup, but I guess that's what gas power was invented for!

I'd really appreciate any details on your solar setup - I want to write a round-up on the best options for those too. I've seen some low profile options for the MP but involves drilling the roof - not ideal! Thanks again for your comments - makes the time spent on it seem worthwhile!
I bought my solar panel kit from Roger at solarcampersolutions.co.uk. Excellent kit and best addition I have made. I went for the black panels with black frame, see picture, have 2 panels 110 watts each I believe, with a Victron Bluetooth smart charger. Bolts on the roof rail, no need for bonding to roof and comes with full instructions, very simple to fit, cable goes through the boot trunking and connects into charger/battery underneath the fridge. All connections pre made so un clip one and clip in the other, very easy.
This was picture with just one fitted but have two next to each other identical and can get roofbox in front of them, just leave brackets for the roof bar feet in the rail all the time.
Have had fridge running all summer long with no issues, even with little sunshine battery is back trickle charging after a few hours.
54C1F07D-7949-467B-98BA-39A6789E4EB3.jpeg

alltorque

Thanks Paul - that looks like a superb installation. You've got me very tempted now! Fed up of continually having to check for battery seepage over the lockdown period and hooking it up periodically. Will give Roger a call!