Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tilting sun roof

Advise please:

I have a 2009 (w639) MP which l have had since 2018 and has performed admirably over the years .
On a recent trip I found that the sun roof wasn’t responding to the switch in the overhead control panel above the front seats, BUT worked perfectly when using the switch in the PopTop.
Have tried resetting as per the Mercedes Operating Instructions handbook to no avail.
All the other functions in the panel function perfectly.
As I understand it, only one fuse provides power to the overhead c/p which is located in the main fusebox under the Bonnet in fuse block F, fuse 24 which is rated at 7.5 amps and functions perfectly having checked it on my multimeter.
Any help, advice or suggestions would be appreciated since I myself, having tried to resolve the problem over the past week will soon be blowing a fuse of my own and going into meltdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Advise please:

I have a 2009 (w639) MP which l have had since 2018 and has performed admirably over the years .
On a recent trip I found that the sun roof wasn’t responding to the switch in the overhead control panel above the front seats, BUT worked perfectly when using the switch in the PopTop.
Have tried resetting as per the Mercedes Operating Instructions handbook to no avail.
All the other functions in the panel function perfectly.
As I understand it, only one fuse provides power to the overhead c/p which is located in the main fusebox under the Bonnet in fuse block F, fuse 24 which is rated at 7.5 amps and functions perfectly having checked it on my multimeter.
Any help, advice or suggestions would be appreciated since I myself, having tried to resolve the problem over the past week will soon be blowing a fuse of my own and going into meltdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a thought - how about using some contact cleaner on the overhead console switch? I don't know the specifics of the W639 but assume you can dismount the switch to apply the cleaner

Re Sun Roof;
Thanks for your reply, the only one, really appreciated.
As suggested have had the roof control module off and tried to resolve the problem. Unfortunately the switch is not a ‘conventional’ unit with moving parts and contacts but a single flexible rubber membrane sandwiched between 2 fixed surfaces with printed contacts of the internal lights and roof switch printed on both sides. Operation is dependant on pressure applied to the chosen switch which flexes the membrane in the local area of the chosen circuitShould have known better… it’s a Mercedes, simple in essence but given the unique design I daresay expensive
Thanks for your input, we’ve both learned something