Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule Omnistor 1200 outward extension

Dutchyankee

Hi,
As I didn't want to have a cassette awning permanently bolted to the van I purchased a Thule Omnistor 1200 awning. It was cheaper and easily removable than say the Thule Omnistor 5200.
This allows me to remove it when I'm not camping. I also use the van for transportation with the band to gigs so didn't want the awning there.

This was the same awning I used on the T5 but it didn't have this problem. Both just slide on the 6mm gutter but the VW was a bit higher than the MB. It hangs perfectly but is blocking the sliding door as well as the passenger door. I solved this temporarily with a bit of foam but I was wondering if anyone out there is using this and has found an extension that will move it 5 inchs away from the body.

I purchased a drive away kit with a 8 profile and flexible extension. Now I will stiffen it up with some profile material. I did a test with some very stiff cardboard and it worked OK, now I'm thinking of riveting an aluminium profile to keep it raised up. Anyone have any experience with this?
I'll keep you posted as I learn.
Have a great day and keep cool!

caMPike

Very interested in that issue with alternate awning.
I was thinking about Fiamma F35. Fiamma’s adapter for MP YOM before 2014 doesn’t require drilling, I have seen that adapter some weeks ago installed also at actual MP, the adapter SN on picture
Does anyone use F35 with that adapter at current MP ?

Attachments

• 5F28D3A2-31D8-4AEB-8F1B-0313F9E87884.jpeg
    5F28D3A2-31D8-4AEB-8F1B-0313F9E87884.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 79CEA94A-3897-4AE0-9B2B-07591922CB1C.jpeg
    79CEA94A-3897-4AE0-9B2B-07591922CB1C.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 43

Philmop

Hi, I am really interested in this..
I have a brand new unused Fiama F35 that was taken off a previous van that I intended to use on the Marco. I have not been able to find any brackets that fit the current design.
Which ones are you using and where do they mount to on the roof? I do not want to drill holes !!!

Thanks

caMPike

The brackets are Fiamma 06248-01, It is not my car, I took the pictures at street so I havent seen detail how these were fixed in roof but I am sure it was current version of MP. The rear bracket has to fixed in roof somehow through pop up mechanism.