Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Third roof with blisters!!

Mikewood

A word of warning. I've owned my MP from new and I'm on my third roof. The most recent was fitted in may 2021 and isn't even close to a year old and in that time the vehicle has driven less than 2000 miles. It's the new style roof with the biro number in the corner which allegedly resolved the problem.

I washed the roof today and it is literally covered in blisters, the worst that it's ever been.

I'll be contacting mercedes UK to talk about it but given that it's now out of warranty I think I can guess what they will say.

Go out and run your hands along the top of your roofs.

Grand Tourismo

A word of warning. I've owned my MP from new and I'm on my third roof. The most recent was fitted in may 2021 and isn't even close to a year old and in that time the vehicle has driven less than 2000 miles. It's the new style roof with the biro number in the corner which allegedly resolved the problem.

I washed the roof today and it is literally covered in blisters, the worst that it's ever been.

I'll be contacting mercedes UK to talk about it but given that it's now out of warranty I think I can guess what they will say.

Go out and run your hands along the top of your roofs.
I'm sorry to hear of your roof Mike, try to contact Harry Clarke at MBUK Customer Services and see what he says. Please report back to us here.

If I read right your roof was constructed and replaced before Autumn '20?
If I understand the situation correctly, roofs constructed and replaced after September 2020 should not be affected...although roofs manufactured before this date may also have the serial number applied.

Mikewood

I'm sorry to hear of your roof Mike, try to contact Harry Clarke at MBUK Customer Services and see what he says. Please report back to us here.

If I read right your roof was constructed and replaced before Autumn '20?
If I understand the situation correctly, roofs constructed and replaced after September 2020 should not be affected...although roofs manufactured before this date may also have the serial number applied.
Sadly it was manufactured after that date, it was fitted in April 2021.

Gedtin

I have had my roof replaced in 2020 and was told that this would completely resolve the blistering problem. The replacement roof is now worse than the original. I have booked into the dealer for review on Tuesday (01/03/2022). I would like to know how people have got on with replacements if they have had the roof replaced already.