Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of buying a MP....

Ridgeway

Hi,

We were looking at buying a California until finding the MP which seem much better and appealing with the more practical leather interior.
We’re a bit confused, are MPs all one length or are there 2 variants?

Finally, there’s a number of pre registered MPs around the country and we wondered if anyone had had really good customer experience at a particular one? Although based in Wiltshire would be happy to buy from any location for the right deal & service.

Thanks in anticipation

rovimor

rovimor

VIP Member
Hi Ridgeway,

all MP’s are the same length, they are just based on the LWB version of the base vehicle. The total length is just over 5m.

We have ordered ours from Sandown, Poole. They were incredibly helpful when we wanted to borrow one to check that it would fit down our narrow drive, and allowed us to take their demonstrator away away for 5 hours on our on. Nice people to deal with so I am hoping that the delivery and ongoing after sales service remains good.

RFT

I bought a pre-reg through Mercedes Newcastle but it had been registered at Mercedes Bedford - both part of Sytner Group. I told Gareth Dooley at Newcastle what spec I was after and he found just what I was looking for at a massive discount - I assume they were after their Q1 sales bonus. Gareth came down from Newcastle and did the handover himself. He admitted to not being hugely knowledgeable but made up for that in enthusiasm and helpfullness.
Incidentally, don't take the advertised mileages as gospel, they appear to be more of an indication of what you can expect once they are able to sell rather than the actuality. Mine had done 7.5 miles.
The motor insurance policy wording from Comfort Insurance (I have no connection) provides new for old up to 3 years old (and less than 15k miles, I think), if it is bought with less than 150 miles on the clock and is sold as a pre-reg, but not as a demonstrator. This can save you lots of money on its own if you buy wisely. Unfortunately Comfort believe that Marco Polo is a converter rather than a MB model so be prepared to explain as I did!

Last edited:

Pam

We brought ours from Salisbury and is the best car dealership we have come across. Very helpful and accomodating, and near to where you live!!

Ridgeway

Thanks for your replies. After contacting a few dealers and getting indifferent service from a number I’ve ordered a cavansite blue MP with Mercedes of Bolton.
Hope to take delivery mid June

Reactions: RFT

GeorgeG

There seem to a lot of blue MP’s on here. I’ve just taken delivery of a V220d Sport in Cavansite Blue today and assumed I was going to be a little different! I usually go for silver, but wanted the paler interior. I would have preferred grey as it would be less bling, but it’s still a lovely contrast.