Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thermal Screens

Hi, we need to buy some thermal screens before the camping season this year and wondered what recommendations people had. I am leaning towards external screens from Rainbow but wondered if anyone had recommendations or reviews as don't want to make an expensive mistake.
Jo.

SteveR

Hi, This has been covered quite a bit in the past and you will likely get a whole load of differing opinions of what works best in terms of internal / external etc so I can only give you my own personal opinion - I assume you are referring to the cab window screens:

I didn't want external mainly as I would not want to potentially have to pack away wet screens. I also didn't want anything that was a faff to fit, and neither did I want to attach any additional stickers or velcro or similar. The screens also had to fit well to both insulate and to provide privacy and restrict light entering.
For me, the magnetic solutions from Project Camper ticked all of the boxes albeit slightly on the expensive side. Since owning I can thoroughly recommend them. They take maybe a minute to fit for the windscreen, and literally a few seconds to fit or remove from the door glass. Provide plenty of coverage too and also are flat enough to store on the top bed in transit

I have no association with the above company other than being pleased with their product

Hope this helps
Steve

Steve B

Agree with SteveR, its about what suits you and there are many opinions on here. I have the external thermal (similar to Rainbow) and find it good full black out, easy/quick to put on and remove.

Webbah

I have the Project Camper screens for both the front/passenger windows and for the top bellows (inside). Absolutely love them! Very easy to install and remove quickly and they look great too. Quite pricey but worth the quality.

Hi - thanks for advice there are so many options.

Just to check with the project camper screens there are no other clips/attachments needed - it's just magnets that attach to van?

Thanks,
Jo

Webbah

Hi - thanks for advice there are so many options.

Just to check with the project camper screens there are no other clips/attachments needed - it's just magnets that attach to van?

Thanks,
Jo
For the front and passenger windows you don't need to add any magnets to the van. Just the internal magnets attach to the metal frame around the windows.

For the upper bellows thermal protections you need to add magnet strips on top and bottom (not difficult but takes time as there are quite a few) as the frame of the pop top is not metal. These are attached with 3M VHB adhesive.

Bob

Hi, we need to buy some thermal screens before the camping season this year and wondered what recommendations people had. I am leaning towards external screens from Rainbow but wondered if anyone had recommendations or reviews as don't want to make an expensive mistake.
Jo.

Bob

I purchased a Rainbow Screen recently. Tried it out once and it works very well. No condensation. I have sold Marco Polo and therefore screen available for sale, along with other accessories, all unused.

Bob

Hi Steve, I am based in Nottingham, Wilford. The rainbow screen has been sold. Other accessories I have are,
Westfalia shower hose and clip, Brandrup anti slip inlays. Joolca en-suite shower tent. Porta Potti 565E and carrying case. 25 m x 2.5 mm hook-up cable. Folding kettle and washing up dish. low wattage kettle, toaster and heater. All of the above are new and unused.

Bob

Steve - H

Hi Steve, I am based in Nottingham, Wilford. The rainbow screen has been sold. Other accessories I have are,
Westfalia shower hose and clip, Brandrup anti slip inlays. Joolca en-suite shower tent. Porta Potti 565E and carrying case. 25 m x 2.5 mm hook-up cable. Folding kettle and washing up dish. low wattage kettle, toaster and heater. All of the above are new and unused.

Bob
Hi Bob, thanks for the details. Most of what you have we already have also except the shower tent. Will consider that and let you know if we are interested
Steve.

Bob

Hi Steve
Thanks for your reply, the tent is still in the delivery box, looking for 1/2 the price I paid.
Bob

Pam

Hi Bob, thanks for the details. Most of what you have we already have also except the shower tent. Will consider that and let you know if we are interested
Steve.

Bob
Bob how much do you want for the Westfalen shower?

BobbyMillar

We have polar technologies external wraps for windscreen and pop top. Do an amazing job, especially the pop top wrap of blackout and thermal, come with waterproof bags for storage and were about half the price of the Rainbow equivalent. The front of the windscreen panel also un Velcro's to let light in during the day.PXL_20220411_144619078.jpg