Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"The rattle" identified and solved

Robert May

I bought a Marco Polo for the build quality, I have a hard enough job to hear without road noise so when the Marco Polo developed a rattle after 2500 miles it was more than I could cope with.

I've spent 1500 miles trying to identify where this blessed rattle was coming from. Every pot, pan, plate knife, fork, spoon has been under the spot light as have the picnic table and chairs. Someone has sat in the back trying to isolate where the noise was coming from but 1500 miles on it seemed it was more agile than a flea and always one step ahead.

Showing the MP to a friend I noticed the rattle when I moved the rear seat forward. The rattle was soon isolated to the cover plate beneath the seat. Tightening the two lower screws on the spring latch a 1/8th turn cured the rattle.

370 mile on A roads and motorways confirms the (my) rattle is identified and solved

Attachments

• Marco-polo-rattle.jpg
    Marco-polo-rattle.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Reactions: RFT

Trevsked

Congrats on tracking it down. I’ve got several annoying rattles in mine that I could do with tracing. One I believe is the side awning.

Trevor.

Robert May

All mine are gone, thank goodness! Try tapping that cover plate to see if it is throwing its voice and blaming the awning!

Trevsked

:) there’s a few and I thought it was normal as there’s a lot of “stuff” in the back in terms of kitchen. All std stuff I mean not bits I’ve put in. I tested a 2500 mile MP and that was worse so expected some movement. All the same I’ll see if I can better it.

Trevor.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Congrats on tracking it down. I’ve got several annoying rattles in mine that I could do with tracing. One I believe is the side awning.

Trevor.
Hi Trevor,

I have just seen this thread re the rattle and note your comment re the awning and a potential rattle. I too have a rattle emanating from around the side door (could be the awning). Have you had any success in tracking this rattle down ? My local MB dealer has looked at the problem, but I am still not happy as the sound is still there.

Will be interested to hear your comments / thoughts.

Thanks.

Andy B

Kirk Trewin

Kirk Trewin

VIP Member
Hi all

This made me laugh as I indeed had the same annoying rattle that just seems to dominate over every other noise the vehicle produces.

The same through loading cover was identified as the offender and I nipped up the torx screws and it disappeared. Be carful not to over tighten through, as you won’t be able to remove and refit the cover if you need to transport longer than normal items, which is what the cover was designed to allow space to pass through!!

I have also had minor rattles occur through the table but a simple unlock and relock usually solves that one.

Last edited: