Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The 'B' Word...........

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
So my mid November date for MP delivery has now been pushed back to Mid Jan....... that will be 20 weeks from order to delivery! Apparently due to the B word!

Epigram

Apparently
More likely a straight delay in manufacture and that other B word that comes out of cows comes to mind.

When I ordered a VW several years ago I received a high level timetable and update of the production delivery process directly from VW - not the dealer. Probably completely meaningless but not rocket science and better for customer relations because it made me feel better because in the loop.

In relation to my MP factory order I was advised of several months delay order almost as soon as I parted with the deposit and kept in the dark. It then appeared early out of the blue.

If it yours not coming until February another decision is do you hold off taking delivery until the end of March and get a 20 plate which will improve resale value.

Epigram

So my mid November date for MP delivery has now been pushed back to Mid Jan....... that will be 20 weeks from order to delivery! Apparently due to the B word!
]More likely a straight delay in manufacture and that other B word that comes out of cows then comes to mind.

When I ordered a VW several years ago I received a high level timetable and update of the production delivery process directly from VW - not the dealer. Probably completely meaningless but not rocket science and better for customer relations because it made me feel in the loop.

With my MP factory order I was advised of several months delay order almost as soon as I parted with the deposit and kept in the dark. It then appeared early out of the blue.

If it yours not coming until February a decision is do you defer taking delivery until the end of March and get a 20 plate which will improve resale value.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
More likely a straight delay in manufacture and that other B word that comes out of cows comes to mind.

When I ordered a VW several years ago I received a high level timetable and update of the production delivery process directly from VW - not the dealer. Probably completely meaningless but not rocket science and better for customer relations because it made me feel better because in the loop.

In relation to my MP factory order I was advised of several months delay order almost as soon as I parted with the deposit and kept in the dark. It then appeared early out of the blue.

If it yours not coming until February another decision is do you hold off taking delivery until the end of March and get a 20 plate which will improve resale value.

I do feel as though I am out of the loop, there is no proactive updated from the dealer, just me chasing. The dealer have said they will try and get me a courtesy MP for a race / event I have in November, but I’m not holding out much hope !
I’ve got a number plate that I’m putting on the MP that I took off my Motorbike. I’ll decide on the delivery delay if it drags on though ! Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk