Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Starter Battery Dead

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
So, strange one. I put the van away last night into the garage about 20:00.

This morning at 3am I got a text from my tracker saying my battery was low on the van and looked like it was being tampered with
I checked the camera in the garage and the van was still there, locked safe and sound

I went to the van an hour or so later and nothing would open, no doors etc. I opened with the key, and was totally dead (not the leisure battery side - fridge etc all fine)

Mercedes came out and started the van and ran diagnostics. They could see that for extended periods when the side door was open that the van was alive in some sort of mode that requires some of the systems to be alive, that showed to be draining the battery

I did also check on my camera and about 4am the stereo head unit turned on ( I could see the Mercedes badge)

Anyway, main battery is now charged but has anyone else seen this?

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
not yet. but the Mercedes tech that came out, didn't just charge the battery, he did a lot of software upgrades to it.. ive been out this morning and it started and the battery health is good... fingers crossed it was fixed in the updates.. but ill update here if anything else untoward happens!

pumpsmynads

I would get a lithium jump pack. They’re £99 but essential if you go travelling a lot imo.
As someone stranded at sea this weekend just because my 12v coolbox and plotter drained the battery in 4 hours (no leisure battery) I know I’m buying one which I’ll transfer to the MP when abroad.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
second time its happened now.. oddly this time the app told me the doors were unlocked, but they weren't, then I tried to lock on the app and it just sat there trying to lock .. but never replying.. in hind sight I should have unlocked it, started it and locked it again, but I just went and check called the doors,

Grand Tourismo

second time its happened now.. oddly this time the app told me the doors were unlocked, but they weren't, then I tried to lock on the app and it just sat there trying to lock .. but never replying.. in hind sight I should have unlocked it, started it and locked it again, but I just went and check called the doors,
Is it possible this is an app thing then? For example is the app activating services which trigger battery drain?
Or
Is the app noticing something that has always been going on?

Did you change/update/apply the app just before any of this started for the first time by any chance?