Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sound system

Steve B

I spent Saturday connecting and setting up the MP, everything seemed to work which is good. One thing that I couldn't find, and its is in the supplement manual, is a connection to the sound system without having the main command function on via the ignition key at position 2. The control for this is above the kitchen unit light switch, but not in mine. I re-checked the options list and its not on there. I have put a picture of the manual page below, I assume this function is not UK spec? .

Have I missed something?

Thanks Steve
mp manual.jpg

Ian

Likewise I do not have any sound system stuff on the pillar by the kitchen. I can however turn the command on and use it with Bluetooth etc without the key in the ignition. Just press the power button next to the main control thing.

Steve B

OK, thanks Ian, i'll try that. I have used the bluetooth and apple music with it but with the ignition on

D

davedj79

VIP Member
Has anyone managed to get the Bluetooth option in living room section to do anything other than kill any other music source? MBUX BT from the sources section works for Bluetooth streaming but not MBAC BT connection. Have tried several android devices. MBAC only shares contact sharing option in android Bluetooth settings.

Any tips learnt from using stereo/MBUX when camping appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-094748.png
    Screenshot_20220813-094748.png
    52 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220813-094813.png
    Screenshot_20220813-094813.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220813-094829.png
    Screenshot_20220813-094829.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 5
D

davedj79

VIP Member
Found it! Would you believe this vehicle has 3 BT connections. MBUX for driving. MBAC for smart control and JEHNERT for camping streaming from living room menu. I lost a morning working this out.

Turn on Bluetooth here under MERCEDES BENZ ADVANCED CONTROL - LIVING ROOM - SOUND SYSTEM. Turn on Bluetooth and JEHNERT should show as a BT device to connect on in your phone's settings.

Rolandaa

Found it! Would you believe this vehicle has 3 BT connections. MBUX for driving. MBAC for smart control and JEHNERT for camping streaming from living room menu. I lost a morning working this out.

Turn on Bluetooth here under MERCEDES BENZ ADVANCED CONTROL - LIVING ROOM - SOUND SYSTEM. Turn on Bluetooth and JEHNERT should show as a BT device to connect on in your phone's settings.
Soo glad you found this solution Dave :) saving me the frustration and time. We got a brand new swedish version amg mp and the manual is not very logical a lot of trial and error imo. Now joqever it seems we can connect to bt without getting the annoying "3 min warning turn off" msg. Ty

D

davedj79

VIP Member
Soo glad you found this solution Dave :) saving me the frustration and time. We got a brand new swedish version amg mp and the manual is not very logical a lot of trial and error imo. Now joqever it seems we can connect to bt without getting the annoying "3 min warning turn off" msg. Ty
Great to hear Rolandaa. If you have a 2022 model year can you please confirm if you have any branding on your dashboard tweeters? I paid for the premium sound system on mine which is jehnert and I'm looking to confirm this is in fact the premium I've paid for as mercedes have missed some other options such as blind spot assist.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
I'm waiting for my new MP (with premium sound) - before I confirmed specification with the dealer, I did email Jehnert Sound Systems and they confirmed that their sound system is supplied to Mercedes. You could buy aftermarket for 1600-odd euro so the £800 didn't seem to be unreasonable value. I'm not convinced that MB will sound-proof the doors (makes a big difference).