Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sound system upgrade

Wobbles

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but I couldn’t find anything.
I’ve only had my MP a week and the weedy, tinny sound system is driving me nuts
Has anybody successfully upgraded their sound? I’d be interested in the with what, how and was it worth the effort
Ta

Steve B

Even when ordering a new MP the Merc Burmester upgrade sound system is not available, you can order a 'high end' sound system (not sure what that is). I noticed that the speaker grille by the side door doesn't have a speaker behind it, i expect because the kitchen unit prevents the second one being fitted. I don't think the sound is that bad, more annoyed with the lack of DAB (see many threads on this), so will live with it.
Doesn't help with your question though, sorry:)

Wobbles

Even when ordering a new MP the Merc Burmester upgrade sound system is not available, you can order a 'high end' sound system (not sure what that is). I noticed that the speaker grille by the side door doesn't have a speaker behind it, i expect because the kitchen unit prevents the second one being fitted. I don't think the sound is that bad, more annoyed with the lack of DAB (see many threads on this), so will live with it.
I guess sound may be down to personal taste. Sales guy told us our MP would have DAB, so like you annoyed to find it didn’t. I’ve seen plenty of posts about lack of product knowledge so I shouldn’t have been surprised. Hey ho. Still love it

Steve B

Before we bought the MP we did camp with our group of friends over a few years and in the evenings there was always background music but through bluetooth speakers. I've got a good Ultimate Ears speaker, and use that with the iphone.

Wobbles

Before we bought the MP we did camp with our group of friends over a few years and in the evenings there was always background music but through bluetooth speakers. I've got a good Ultimate Ears speaker, and use that with the iphone.
Good bit of lateral thinking.Thanks.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
any more info on this. ive just ordered with high end sound system, but ive just seen, its not the burnmaster that's in the v-class

Marc o Polo

Two Years on Steve B and the existing "lounge" speaker still produces no sound. Perhaps MB have few MPs available so they roll with the waves when purchasers rightly enquire: "Is this a fault?" Why no sound?

MB customers potentially asking this with every MP sold.