Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar solution for MarcoPolo

Carol

Hi Carol, I've got a solar panel from Solar Camper Solutions with the Victron bluetooth controller if you want to check out mine - I'm in Southend.
Many thanks for the offer , from what l now see it is a very good unit and fits without drilling into bodywork,direct into roof rack runner rails ,

Could someone with a meter, and 5 mins on their hands please do me a favour. The other day I was doing an installation of one of my MP solar kits and I probed the 5 way connector that plugs into the small black box to the right of the hookup charger. I did this to find the starter battery live which I knew would be there somewhere!

Currently we provide a connector that plugs into the hookup charger, and this is perfect for charging the leisure battery. However, when customers buy the recently added Epever Duo battery charger - which charges the starter battery too, currently they have to use a skotch connector to tap into the starter live and I want to make a connector to do away with that - make it easier and neater.

I probed the connector pins and noted LB live and Starter live. Great! Bought the connectors, great! Forgot to test which is Earth! I'm assuming it is Brown/white, but I need to be sure and don't know when I'll have the next MP in to test. All I need is someone with a meter, set to continuity / beep mode, to probe the brown/white wire and confirm it goes to chassis earth - one probe on the brown/white wire, other probe on chassis metal. Meter shoudl beep.

2020-07-15_18-38-33.jpg
2020-07-15_18-23-32.jpg

I would be very grateful as I'd like to impliment the new connector as soon as I can. I'm almost certain it is what I think it is. The other two wires are far too thin, and it can't work without an earth. But I need to be 100% sure. Not 99.99% :)

Carol

Hi Carol, I've got a solar panel from Solar Camper Solutions with the Victron bluetooth controller if you want to check out mine - I'm in Southend.
Many thanks for the offer , in France at present , however looking through website , looks a great system

Kiwi Ange

Could someone with a meter, and 5 mins on their hands please do me a favour. The other day I was doing an installation of one of my MP solar kits and I probed the 5 way connector that plugs into the small black box to the right of the hookup charger. I did this to find the starter battery live which I knew would be there somewhere!

Currently we provide a connector that plugs into the hookup charger, and this is perfect for charging the leisure battery. However, when customers buy the recently added Epever Duo battery charger - which charges the starter battery too, currently they have to use a skotch connector to tap into the starter live and I want to make a connector to do away with that - make it easier and neater.

I probed the connector pins and noted LB live and Starter live. Great! Bought the connectors, great! Forgot to test which is Earth! I'm assuming it is Brown/white, but I need to be sure and don't know when I'll have the next MP in to test. All I need is someone with a meter, set to continuity / beep mode, to probe the brown/white wire and confirm it goes to chassis earth - one probe on the brown/white wire, other probe on chassis metal. Meter shoudl beep.

View attachment 917
View attachment 919

I would be very grateful as I'd like to impliment the new connector as soon as I can. I'm almost certain it is what I think it is. The other two wires are far too thin, and it can't work without an earth. But I need to be 100% sure. Not 99.99% :)
We won't have our camper for another couple of weeks, but will certainly help once we do, if no-one else has come to your rescue by then. :)