Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar or generator?

Yorkysimon

so I’m total new to this, which should i go for solar power or a generator, i have my e-bike that will be coming on my adventures with me .it has a 48 volt 650 watt battery which comes with a 220/40 volt charger, plan is out on the bike exploring through the day charge up early evening or through the night ready for next day , fine if I’m on site with hook up , but a lot of my time will be off site , so generator will plug into hook up and I've got 220/40 , solar power i will need an inverter i presume ? and what effect will charging bike battery on leisure battery?
Cheers Simon

pumpsmynads

so I’m total new to this, which should i go for solar power or a generator, i have my e-bike that will be coming on my adventures with me .it has a 48 volt 650 watt battery which comes with a 220/40 volt charger, plan is out on the bike exploring through the day charge up early evening or through the night ready for next day , fine if I’m on site with hook up , but a lot of my time will be off site , so generator will plug into hook up and I've got 220/40 , solar power i will need an inverter i presume ? and what effect will charging bike battery on leisure battery?
Cheers Simon
I plan to do likewise. So I got one of these bad boys. It holds enough to fully charge an ebike (700watts) and it can be charged from the cigar socket (takes 6 hours though) but only 1.5 hours from the mains. I plan to use it to charge my laptop and other 240v stuff whilst not having to be on hook up.

Attachments

• 28A49B4E-7EDA-4183-8418-64D0A4BEB823.jpeg
    28A49B4E-7EDA-4183-8418-64D0A4BEB823.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Grand Tourismo

I have a 100w solar panel fitted which charges my leisure battery at roughly 2-3A depending on the sun, maybe you could fit the same (or even two panels in series giving 200w) but instead of the output charging the leisure battery you could charge your e-bike batteries?

Yorkysimon

I fitted the solar just so it keeps everything topped up and have a generator for the ebike for when ive no hook up , there’s no way solar and leisure battery would stand charging the bike it would destroy batterys in no time i suspect. Thanks for your replies every one