Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing costs

mptripsaway

I have been sent the information for MB service plans and the MP is being quoted at £40 per month for 3 services over 3 years. Does anyone know if this deal is worth going for or are there other options I could/should consider?

Polokev

Administrator
That sounds quite a lot to me do you know what that includes as 2 of those are probably just oil changes

Israel

I'm considering to get the 'ClassicPlus' service plan, that extends the new car guaranty to the duration of the plan. I think it's worthy.

mptripsaway

I was thinking it was a little expensive but MB don't seem to offer any alternative other than "pay on the day" I think I might just invest my £40 a month in premium bonds and hopefully win the million before service is due ;-)

I have had a Mercedes service plan on my last four mercs and have just taken delivery of my new MP and took out a service plan ,when the paperwork came it was £40 I had been told £30 I rang Mercedes and complained,they told me my plan was the v class chaufer plan (commercial use/high mileage) as set up by my dealers service dept. On learning it was a Marco Polo and private use ,they changed it to a private use plan at £30. So be aware the dealers have a lot more learning and catching up to do.
PS. They also said the plan is for 4 services over 4 years the MP requires annual services.

mptripsaway

I have had a Mercedes service plan on my last four mercs and have just taken delivery of my new MP and took out a service plan ,when the paperwork came it was £40 I had been told £30 I rang Mercedes and complained,they told me my plan was the v class chaufer plan (commercial use/high mileage) as set up by my dealers service dept. On learning it was a Marco Polo and private use ,they changed it to a private use plan at £30. So be aware the dealers have a lot more learning and catching up to do.
PS. They also said the plan is for 4 services over 4 years the MP requires annual services.

I'm not sure if all models of the MP have it but my MP has ASSYST (Active Service System)
On vehicles with ASSYST, you are informed when the next service is due depending on the distance covered and driving style.
Currently based on the service display my 250amg MP will be two years old when it's first service is due.

Yes mine hasASSYST I think they all do,I pointed this out to the service contract people at Mercedes and they are insistant that the MP should be serviced every year,as I said in my previous reply,personally I think it preferable that the vehicle is serviced every year and am assuming they will reset the ASSYST the first time it is serviced,remember the vehicle is commercialy based and would be serviced at an extended period as such. (I won't go into the reasons why,
But it works).

mptripsaway

Yes mine hasASSYST I think they all do,I pointed this out to the service contract people at Mercedes and they are insistant that the MP should be serviced every year,as I said in my previous reply,personally I think it preferable that the vehicle is serviced every year and am assuming they will reset the ASSYST the first time it is serviced,remember the vehicle is commercialy based and would be serviced at an extended period as such. (I won't go into the reasons why,
But it works).

That is interesting because I also asked the same question of a service centre in Germany where I had some warranty work completed.
They told me that ASSYST would let me know when service was due and it could be up to two years, which is compatible with all of the available information in the operating manual supplied with the vehicle. It would be interesting to read the thoughts of other members of the forum.