Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Second hand prices

Hyrule

Two months ago I bought a 7000 mile Marco from a campervan dealer and I am very happy with it. Had a tow bar, little else extra. Sport, 220d. I paid £53k and it felt pretty high price as a while ago they seemed to be selling for £42k. But again, I was happy. Now on Autotrader there are a run of fairly base models coming in at £64k and I just wonder how mad these prices can get? No real point to this post except I was shoked at those prices. Best wishes to all.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Summer is near and prices are always but always higher now.

Buy Oct-Feb sell March-May

This year it's exaggerated due to Covid-19 and Brexit, vans are flying out of the dealers.

Just watch next year when the market will be flooded with secondhand motorhomes

Blackrat

It will be interesting to see what happens to prices once the world gets back to normal and all the new campers go back to their package holidays.
We bought our MP in November for £48k. A car of the same age and mileage is now £64k.
Incedentally we are now on our second holiday in the MP with the caravan in tow down in Cornwall. We visited Mevagissey yesterday. On returning to the car park there was a very nice black MP parked opposite us. Anyone on here?

Method7

I was in that area over the weekend and spotted a Indium Grey Metallic MP heading from Tregony towards St Mawes on Sunday early evening.. me I was getting out of there before the exit deluge.. managed 170miles on 3 fuel bars at 38mpg and 60mph average. my old v6 V280 would need to re fuel at 170miles so I’m pretty pleased with that.

Grand Tourismo

I came back from Devon, mostly fast A roads and M'way and was astounded to get 47mpg at 65mph, not towing but fully loaded. V220 in "E" mode...and if the Merc engine is anything like my old VW Passat or BMW diesel, it will only get better the more mileage is on the engine.

SteveR

I came back from Devon, mostly fast A roads and M'way and was astounded to get 47mpg at 65mph, not towing but fully loaded. V220 in "E" mode...and if the Merc engine is anything like my old VW Passat or BMW diesel, it will only get better the more mileage is on the engine.
Sounds similar to my mileage GT. For such a heavy vehicle it is pretty impressive

Steve B

I've been doing regular runs up the M6 and getting between 42 and 45 mpg in C mode at 70 mph, its the start and end of the journey that bring the mpg down for me.

Grand Tourismo

I've been doing regular runs up the M6 and getting between 42 and 45 mpg in C mode at 70 mph, its the start and end of the journey that bring the mpg down for me.
Interesting test for you Steve... set cruise at 65 instead of 70 and see what difference it makes to time overall and mpg.
I tried it and it made negligible difference to the overall journey time but increased fuel efficiency by 5 mpg.

Steve B

Highways England are helping already with the multitude of roadworks, 60 or 50 mph for quite some distances :) . Also had the 'air quality' 60 mph on Saturday