Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reverse parking sensors

Glenn Odell

My MP has parking sensory front and back which i guess they all do. I also have the 360 degree camera system installed with the command on-line. When in reverse there is no audible beeping when i'm getting close to things like there is with the front parking sensors. Is this normal or is there a fault with the rear ones. The cameras work fine and the sensors show red when near things but there is no sound.

Thanks in advance.

GeorgeG

The rear sensors should beep, but it only occurs when you’re very near the obstruction. You also have the rear warning lights on the drop down box.

Roy C

There is another thread on here somewhere where someone got their dealer to modify the sensors (the software config rather than the physical sensors) so they beeped much earlier. The warning lights come on earlier than the beeping, which only sounds once you are very close. In my experience other vehicles have the audible warning much earlier than on the MP so it takes some getting used to.

Spekky

I had a similar problem, where the sensors would only beep just before impact. Initially MB service told me that this was normal, but I persuaded them to modify them, which involved a software update and a setting change. Now they are supersensitive, beeping away madly as soon as the first orange warning light comes on front or back. On balance, I guess this is better.