Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retro fit of Auxillary Air Heater

Kirk Trewin

Kirk Trewin

VIP Member
Hello All

Does anybody know or have any experience of retrospectively fitting an auxiliary air heater to a MP? I have spoken to a company that can fit a Webasto Heater with separate control supplied and fitted for £1300 +VAT.

The is a remote feature available for an additional £450, sounds a little expensive that.

I would love to think that i could fit the Mercedes standard fitted Eberspacher and control through the Mercedes me app and the little control panel located in the centre console, but i don't think this is possible.

I just thought i would put this out there before making the decision to go down the line of the Webasto route.

thanks

Kirk

Reactions: JPG

GeorgeG

You can’t operate the aux air heater from the Mercedes Me app, only the aux ‘hot water’ heater. The remote on the factory fit Eberspächer air heater means you can switch it on remotely (obviously!) e.g. when in bed ‘upstairs’ or from up to 300m away. But at approx £400 it’s ridiculously expensive, but comes as standard with the factory setup. If you can retrofit a Webasto, without the cost of the remote, I would go for it.

Kirk Trewin

Kirk Trewin

VIP Member
Thanks @GeorgeG , the Webasto seems cost effective and your right, the remote is a joke!!! Total rip off!

Carol

I made some local enquiries about the eberspacher auxillary heater fitting ,was quoted aprox £1250 +VAT. This is available with an app to control with your smartphone. so who needs an expensive remote.

Kirk Trewin

Kirk Trewin

VIP Member
That sounds reasonable too, what company was that with? The remote option is a great feature but for the Webasto simply not cost effective. If the Erberspacher that you’ve been quoted includes the remote function, then that is good value.

Carol

That sounds reasonable too, what company was that with? The remote option is a great feature but for the Webasto simply not cost effective. If the Erberspacher that you’ve been quoted includes the remote function, then that is good value.