Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reduce Oil Level

John Charles

I bought my 2018 MP about a month ago. When i drive it I get a reduce oil message. It does seem a little over-filled. I’m trying to figure out how to reduce it, I see people refer to using a tube and syringe. Would this need to go into the dipstick tube (very narrow) or could it go in the filler cap, any particular product recommendation? Cheers.

Attachments

• 29C03DE8-EA03-4D2C-93D9-BDE9AF2B4329.jpeg
    29C03DE8-EA03-4D2C-93D9-BDE9AF2B4329.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Method7

It's not easy to reduce oil levels - poking tubes in and syringing out oil isn't really viable, its also risky. The only way I am aware of removing a small amount is by removing the filter and draining it - then either replacing the filter or refitting the old one... - if you got the MP from a dealer then there should be a warrantee of some sort - maybe take it back and let them sort it out..
1. how many miles has it done since the last service?
2. why/how has it been overfilled?

I ask because MB never filled my MP to the max.. even from new..

John Charles

It's not easy to reduce oil levels - poking tubes in and syringing out oil isn't really viable, its also risky. The only way I am aware of removing a small amount is by removing the filter and draining it - then either replacing the filter or refitting the old one... - if you got the MP from a dealer then there should be a warrantee of some sort - maybe take it back and let them sort it out..
1. how many miles has it done since the last service?
2. why/how has it been overfilled?

I ask because MB never filled my MP to the max.. even from new..
Thanks, appreciate the advice. I bought it from an independent dealer not a MB dealer, and he had serviced it and changed the oil. He has said if i take it back they will reduce the oil a little.