Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Seat/Bed Adjustment

Grand Tourismo

Hi,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Do any of you out there have a solution for uneven reclining of the rear seats when setting up for the bed? I notice that the ones in the van I am looking at do not recline equally flat, one of them is about 25mm higher up than the other. I could lift the lower one up to get the level right but then the bed is slightly "v" shaped.
I also note that the higher one comes forward 25mm further when in the vertical position so I am thinking that this is just an adjustment issue.

Any ideas out there?

P.S. I notice one of the videos posted reviewing the MP on YouTube had a similar (but much worse) issue.

Tee

Hi. There is a seat reset function in the MB guide (I use the app one on iPad). This is referenced as a way to adjust if one seat goes below horizontal so not sure if relevant here. Best to read that and decide. T.

Epigram

The reset button is in different places depending on model year.
Search “ rear seat reset” or “Urgent rear seat adjustment” on this forum you will find a series of posts to reset the rear seat.showing pictures for each version.
The seat backs will return to the upright position and realign. Make sure everything is clear -belts etc which could scrape along the kitchen cabinets.when you press the button Once pressed, as far as I know, there is no way of stopping it.
I am lazy and often use the reset button to get the seats backs up. One day I am going to regret it!

Steve B

Its something that happens quite often, on my version you open the underseat draw and its in the frame just to the right, quite easy to see.

Grand Tourismo

The reset button is in different places depending on model year.
Search “ rear seat reset” or “Urgent rear seat adjustment” on this forum you will find a series of posts to reset the rear seat.showing pictures for each version.
The seat backs will return to the upright position and realign. Make sure everything is clear -belts etc which could scrape along the kitchen cabinets.when you press the button Once pressed, as far as I know, there is no way of stopping it.
I am lazy and often use the reset button to get the seats backs up. One day I am going to regret it!
Thank you Epigram, I searched the forum for "rear seat adjustment" but nothing came up, now I see the threads easily. Cheers

Grand Tourismo

I have a 2017 plate and the reset button is not at the front right (behind the load through hatch) of the rear bed/seat as shown in the guides. It is in fact behind the rear seat.

*Make sure there is nothing to block the seats moving forward or that might scratch your table etc first.

You access it from the load area, you need to put your hand under the leather cover roughly in the middle of the near side (left hand as you look forward) and you will find a small single push button, voila!
Easier done if you slide the bench forward so that you can reach or step over the bed extension.

Ianross69

My reset switch is on the bottom of the rear left seat. Just lift up the trim and you will see or feel it. My van is a 2005

Dutchyankee

Hi, my 2004 MB Viano does not have a reset button. After searching endlessly on the Internet I decided to remove all the padding and see what was wrong mechanically because I have experienced the same thing.
To my surprise I found that the steel frame and both seats were broken and all four corners.
I re-welded them all in place painted them and put the whole thing back together.
By moving them straight up they seem to have reset himself there is a gearing mechanism which if you help it along will bring them straight together but only in the upright position.
I presume that it’s not a good idea to move the seats whilst you are sitting on them I think it’s too much strain on the metal. So when I move my seat back I am doing it without having any pressure on the front or backs.
It has worked fine for the last year since I repaired this.
I am not saying this is your issue that this was my experience that’s of luck.
Stephen

Epigram

Hi, my 2004 MB Viano does not have a reset button. After searching endlessly on the Internet I decided to remove all the padding and see what was wrong mechanically because I have experienced the same thing.
To my surprise I found that the steel frame and both seats were broken and all four corners.
I re-welded them all in place painted them and put the whole thing back together.
By moving them straight up they seem to have reset himself there is a gearing mechanism which if you help it along will bring them straight together but only in the upright position.
I presume that it’s not a good idea to move the seats whilst you are sitting on them I think it’s too much strain on the metal. So when I move my seat back I am doing it without having any pressure on the front or backs.
It has worked fine for the last year since I repaired this.
I am not saying this is your issue that this was my experience that’s of luck.
Stephen
I would have a slight concern about breakages on a seat which presumably was crash tested. That said, your welds are probably stronger than the original.
Several aspects of the Marco Polo are not bullet proof and need to be treated with a certain amount of respect, for example the swivelling front seats can clash with trim and cause damage and the seat belt covers on the rear seats can be damaged if the seat is lowered onto the rear bed support if it is too far back.
A good design brief should provide for the lowest common denominator of idiots, excited children keen to help or tired drunken parents. Perhaps I could offer my family to MB for product evaluation ;-).