Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Real MPG figures

alex

Hi guys could i ask what mpg you guys are getting from your marco polos. Im looking at buying one and using for a daily so really interested to know. Thanks

Steve B

Usual caveats around driving style and conditions, 250 for me has 38 mpg over 20k+ miles everyday usage, 44 mpg on motorway long runs.

J

j200george

VIP Member
^^ yes I’d echo Steve’s data for the V250. Long motorway/ A roads with eco on and cruise 44MPG at least that’s what the trip meter/ data states. I also use the van albeit sparingly as a family runner/ dog walks for some smaller more start stop journeys it’s a good bit less, mid 30’s. I will pay some attention to those journeys and report back in time.

TheDon

Hi guys could i ask what mpg you guys are getting from your marco polos. Im looking at buying one and using for a daily so really interested to know. Thanks
Hi Alex,
My average is 40.4 over 20k
On a long motorway run at steady 60 I have attained 49!!
Enjoy your MP

About 38-42mpg. Not for the first 1000 miles but apparently that’s normal as the engine beds in.

Steve B

I do a long run up the M6 regularly and notice a big difference in winter/summer mpg but driving style the same. About 44 in summer and can be 38 ish in winter, assume its the temperature/wind plus usually on wet roads with lights on, fan running etc.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
My 220d did 43-45 mpg on runs and about 38 mpg on shorter trips. I did notice that keeping below 70 mph helps considerably so cruised at about 65.

W

whitelighter

VIP Member
2022 V220 with the 9 speed box. 45mpg easily on a run.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member

The above photos show what our MP returns on normal driving conditions and with an average speed of between 50 - 60 mph (it’s not a vehicle you can push hard through bends etc )

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve B

There is a big difference between 50 - 60 mph and 70 mph. I drive regularly through the M6 roadworks above the M62 interchange and its approx 15 miles & 50mph, on a long motorway run it pushes up the overall mpg by 2-3.

PhilipHa

I suspect the MPG value displayed on the instruments is optimistic. For me it often reads about 46 to 50 mpg, but generally turns out to be about 42 mpg when calculated at the pump (mileage divided by litres added to full) following long runs. I log my mileage on the spritmonitor app which suggests across 69 Marco Polos fuel consumption on average is about 33 mpg: Consumption: Mercedes-Benz - V-Klasse - Spritmonitor.de . This compares with 30.5 mpg average for a VW California Consumption: Volkswagen - Transporter - Spritmonitor.de - 70 vehicles. I suspect the more recent 9 speed Marco Polos might offer better fuel consumption on a long run based on official WLTP figures. If you use the diesel heater then it will confuse the tank based mpg calculations!

Method7

optimistic - possibly - but then at least bad MPG reading for a blast through town would also be equally erroneous - I planned to score every diesel purchase/milage in a note book i put in the centre console - did it only once... I cant see how topping up and clocking milage is any less prone to error.. personally I feel removing humans from the equation is without doubt going to render more reliable results optimistic or not.. My previous car was a W638 V-Class 2.8L V6 that probably did 17mpg on a good day so to be completely honest anything over 25mpg is a dream.. :)