Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quick Release Gas Outlet

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this on a french forum and thought it maybe of interest - I don't want to set a thread off about the do's and dont's of the Gas system - you can all make your own minds up on that - but like I say thought it was a good little mod and of interest!

Dundry

Thanks Will, what does the mod do? You mention quick release, does it make changing the canister quicker or is there another advantage? Apologies for the ignorance :)

Frenchie

I have seen the German gas cylinder for sale at 105 euros. anything that can bring that price down is a great idea. its east to test if gas is leaking so the above would be a good diy job.

BabaJen

I have seen the German gas cylinder for sale at 105 euros. anything that can bring that price down is a great idea. its east to test if gas is leaking so the above would be a good diy job.

Yuk! 105 Euro's? Really?

The above is similar to the gas connections for the Cali which uses the 907 cylinder, why I blinked twice. If the MP can be adapted to the Cali gas set-up then brilliant, still an expensive bottle but can be found anywhere (except Eastern Europe where a few have found it difficult).

Katie

It looks like the same connection you get on an external bbq point on a caravan - very useful
With regard to the above post, what gas cylinder do other people use with their mp and can you use the connections that are provided with the van?

Katie

Thanks v much.
Went to the dealer today and signed all the paperwork - not got a guesstimate yet of delivery date but dealer said should get next week
Will keep you posted

Dundry

Katie, apologies for the cynical reply but I ordered mine over 6 weeks ago and no indication of delivery date or even whether my order has gone to the factory. In frustration I called MB direct today and they are looking into it. Im at the stage of going to look at used Cali's and then maybe come back to MB in a few years when the 4WD is in, or even buying overseas. I'm afraid I work on certainty not speculation/hearsay so don't rely on a lot of what seems to be conjecture from dealers. If I do get some facts I will post.

BabaJen

The MP does use the 907

I wish someone would tell the dealers that. They told me it was a bottle made specially in Germany for the MP Shocked

It did make me gulp as from experience hunting around for a bottle supplier early in the morning without a decent cup f tea to wake up to did not improve my quality of life :D

I did ask to have a look but the blank expression that I got back seemed to signal that he didn't know where it was .........

Katie

Had a look at the gas bottle storage and connector yesterday
Seems quite straight forward see attached photos

IMG_0732.JPG IMG_0731.JPG

My dealer was quite honest about uncertainty of delivery dates at this stage and I'm happy to wait to be honest. I've also taught him a few things about the vehicle and I guess we'll learn the rest together! At least he knows how to operate all the car bits, which is more than can be said for me.

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Will, what does the mod do? You mention quick release, does it make changing the canister quicker or is there another advantage? Apologies for the ignorance :)

Hi Dundry, the yellow part has a female quick release that folks have been connecting external BBQ's too like cadac's etc - I'm certainly no gas engineer but very much like the Idea of having that option if needs be. The dealers have probably just heard half the story, the MP as standard will only accept the campingaz 907, (and the smaller 904 and 901). Quite nice compact bottle but not the cheapest to have exchanged. That combined with my Cobb would give me the ultimate cooking flexibility! :)

Katie

I think you would need to do the mod yourself.
The parts are readily available
My dealer, for one, would not have a clue, which I suspect is the norm for both vw and Merc dealers, as Campervan are not their main business
Alternatively, any mobile caravan / motor home engineer would do the job for you