Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Purchase MP Westfalia Camper

D’Arcy

My wife and I are planning to spend 6 months in Europe starting October 2022.
While we have owned a vw Westfalia for over 30 years it is no time to upgrade to a MP 220 camper. Because we are not allowed to break the the vehicle back to Canada we would store it somewhere in Europe and come back to it the following year.
I have had difficulty finding a broker to help me purchase and so far the dealerships have not replied to my enquiries.
Ideally we would like to find a used MP because of cost, but if we have to we are willing to order a new one.
We have 5 months to secure MP Westfalia
Any information to assist us in this regard would be most appreciated.
D’Arcy

Grand Tourismo

Hi D’Arcy and welcome along.

Just a couple of points from me, please keep in mind that:

Although you may have the benefit of a common language with a UK seller, UK vehicles are RHD, meaning the steering wheel is on the right side of the vehicle...whilst the rest of Europe drives on the opposite side of the road with the wheel on the left. Maybe a EU vehicle is better suited to your needs.

The MP is sold throughout Europe and prices/specifications vary country by country, do your homework well and maybe bag yourself a bargain!

In my experience most Europeans speak English to a decent level with the Dutch having better command of English than many English people! But maybe you can speak French, if so you may be at an advantage in France.

Buying vehicles in the EU is generally safe if you follow all the usual common sense approaches, never buy a vehicle sight unseen, check the vehicle documents against that of the seller, check the vehicle has all the right tests in place for that country, check that there is no finance in place on the vehicle etc etc etc
In the Uk we don’t really have car brokers who can source a vehicle for you, just private or trade resellers. I imagine this is roughly the same throughout the EU. A trade reseller should have done these checks for you, but just double check with them.

Storage can be achieved at a motor home/caravan storage facility. Many have top notch security and your MP should be safe with them. I would select one close to your destination hub airport like Schipol for example. Very easy to access via train or taxi even if your storage was 50km away.

Consider having a solar charger fitted to your MP to keep your battery tip top whilst you are away and whilst camping.

Actually there’s much more to this subject than I thought and it’s certainly exciting planning!
Incidentally, on your travels look out for another forum regular Webbah...he’ll likely be half way up a mountain somewhere in the Alps!!