Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Proud new owners

Blackrat

Following on from our first post in the introduction section we are now proud owners of a MP. Yesterday was collection day from Mercedes at Milton Keynes. We were impressed with the dealership though their knowledge of the MP was , shall we say sparse! It took three of them to raise the roof! We had read about this on here so it was no surprise.
Very happy with how it drove on the journey back to Southampton. Also pleased with the fuel economy. A mix of cruising at 70 plus a lot of stop/start on the M25 the computer showed 39.5 mpg. Is this likely to be normal or did we just have a really good tail wind?

askho

Congratulations. Didn't realize your collection was in Milton Keynes. I am based in MK and I was at the dealer recently for a software recall. Did you get a new one or did you get the dark blue one they had for sale.
I think high 30s mpg is quite normal on a cruise.
Enjoy. Pity you can't go anywhere at the moment with the new lockdown.

Blackrat

Not a new one. Ours is a 19 plate in silver. Good news about the fuel economy, better than I expected.
You’re right about the lockdown but at least we’ve got plenty of time to play with it on the drive!

askho

I think the first thing to do is to find some protective covering for the floor which scratch easily. I found a rather neat solution.

Attachments

• DSCN3037.JPG
    DSCN3037.JPG
    577.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN3038.JPG
    DSCN3038.JPG
    567.4 KB · Views: 35

The fat controller

Congratulations! At least you'll be an expert by the time you get to take the MP out camping... In the meantime I'll keep my eye out for it around town!! ;)

Steve B

the last 1600 miles (all short/medium runs) we are getting 34 mpg. I think top 30's is about right for a long motorway run, but it was a long time ago!

Blackrat

I think the first thing to do is to find some protective covering for the floor which scratch easily. I found a rather neat solution.
Yeah ours does have a couple of scratches from the previous owner. Yours looks a neat solution, we just put a cheap rug down for now.

Blackrat

Congratulations! At least you'll be an expert by the time you get to take the MP out camping... In the meantime I'll keep my eye out for it around town!! ;)
Be sure to give us a wave. You may well see it in your area as our daughter lives just across the road from the restaurant you mentioned.

JulieG

We have managed to return 45mpg driving on the autoroutes from Switzerland to the Channel, admittedly not exceeding 110km/hr