Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pre-purchase questions

Philip Harper

Hi,

I've recently come across the Marco Polo Horizon and seems to offer everything we want rather than going down the road of a conversion. It's a 68 plate AMG 220 that I have my eye on.

For complete flexibility I'm wondering if...
a) Can additional seats be fitted in the rear? Ideally 2 additional single seats (not sure if this needs to be a factory option or can be retro).
b) Can a roof rack be fitted on the pop top?

If one of you kind people could help put me in the picture I would be much obliged!
Thanks
Philip

Junglejimsvet

Hi,

I've recently come across the Marco Polo Horizon and seems to offer everything we want rather than going down the road of a conversion. It's a 68 plate AMG 220 that I have my eye on.

a) Can additional seats be fitted in the rear? Ideally 2 additional single seats (not sure if this needs to be a factory option or can be retro).

If one of you kind people could help put me in the picture I would be much obliged!
Thanks
Philip
mine is arriving in 4 weeks but have done some research:)

For question A: yes, you can either get stand alone captain chairs, a three seater bench or just use 2 seats of a 3 seater bench.

They just clip/ slide into the rails in the van. you can see the seats on ebay, just look at v class lugano and it will bring some up (all rail mount v class and viano seats should fit I think). There is a bulk seller on there who is quite pricey but other as hoc sellers often let them go cheaper

Cheers,

Jim

Philip Harper

I have another query regarding headroom. Given current circumstances I've been able to visit the showroom and based on dealers videos and others on YouTube I'm wondering if headroom is an issue?

I'm 6ft 3 and guessing the the seat swivel mechanism raises the seat, based on the videos it almost seems like my head would be in the pop top! I may have the wrong end of the stick entirely but wondered if any taller drivers or anyone else could comment?

Thanks again,
Philip

Hi,

Thanks
Philip
Hi,

I fit a roof box onto my MP it has rails in the roof to attach a roof rack, search the forum here and it will guide you on which model to purchase as I cannot recall number. They slot into roof rails but not sure if Horizon is same?? Would have thought so.

Steve B

Hello - I don't think you will have any issue with headroom, even though the driving position is more MPV like than a traditional car. You're a bit taller than me but i am no where near the headlining. Best sit in one though to be sure.