Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power

hi folks,

Wondering if you can pick your brains?

Picked up Marahall, our MP last nigh. Kids loved their first fish and chips in it and we have European trip planned shortly which all excited about.

Anyway, to the point, it arrived with a European and not U.K. 3 pin socket in the cab. Dealer assures me this is standard and correct.

Can any uk folks advise what socket theirs came with? Should I settle for adding a plug adapter or push back on them for uk kit?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Andy

darryl

520BA52F-353D-4CEC-8A2F-D9A611767BD8.jpeg Hi Andy, all the ones that I’ve seen have the Euro plug fitted. But you can easily replace it with a uk 13 amp outlet that fits straight into the same opening if you wish to, I’ll find the info on the one that I fitted and add it on here with a photo. I’m an electrician by trade but it’s an easy job, just don’t have it plugged into hook up at the time:)

Search for CBE 230V socket on eBay, loads list for £6 - £10 that’s all you need

Last edited:

Ian

On the same topic: I have recently tried a standard euro plug adapter in the 230v socket and although this fits fine, when trying to insert a uk plug into this there is significant resistance. I do not want to force it so have not got a uk plug to go all the way in. There does not seem enough room at the top for the earth pin from the uk plug to fit as it appears out the top of the euro adapter. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution (beyond the above mentioned switching of the socket).

Ian

I had another look at this today and was able to make it fit by putting the euro adapter on the UK plug first and then plugging this into the van euro socket. Still a bit more resistance than I'd expect and certainly no risk of it falling out.