Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof showing not closed on console

Amanda Burgess

Pop up roof issues!
we are in the middle of a 2 week holiday and have not been able to put the roof up once. The central console shows the roof is open but it is ostensibly closed. We are getting no reaction to trying to open or close apart from the windows down sign when we try and close. I have tried the emergency procedure with no reaction whatsoever. We took it to Mercedes Inverness who tried to be as helpful as possible but with no knowledge of MPs have made matters worse as the central console beeps when the van is moving ie warning noise that roof is open so we have to remove the fuse every time we travel !!! There are no obvious signs from outside that the roof isn’t down and there is no mattress on the base
Any suggestions at all ? Anything welcome.
Thanks so much
Amanda

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Pop up roof issues!
we are in the middle of a 2 week holiday and have not been able to put the roof up once. The central console shows the roof is open but it is ostensibly closed. We are getting no reaction to trying to open or close apart from the windows down sign when we try and close. I have tried the emergency procedure with no reaction whatsoever. We took it to Mercedes Inverness who tried to be as helpful as possible but with no knowledge of MPs have made matters worse as the central console beeps when the van is moving ie warning noise that roof is open so we have to remove the fuse every time we travel !!! There are no obvious signs from outside that the roof isn’t down and there is no mattress on the base
Thanks so much
Amanda
Not what you need for sure! Some questions (I'd assume that the answers are yes but it's worth asking!):
Has the roof gone up/down previously?
Is your leisure battery charged? (would suggest voltage >12v showing on central control unit...)
Are you at ignition position 2? (ie before you start the engine) If not, the system simply won't work...

If all above are yes then it could well be a microswitch problem (one on each electric ram) - which could account for the beeping - there are a couple of posts on this issue (you'd need to search). Less likely is that the locking mechanism (at the front of the roof) isn't retracting to allow the roof to rise.

What did MB Inverness actually check?

I

ian gillin

VIP Member
Pop up roof issues!
Thanks so much
Amanda
i had all of these problems, in the dealership for a month , ended up changing main control system that operates the roof , been all good for 2 years , hope you get sorted regards ian

XEG12

I have been having similar, but found if I press "up" I get a momentary whir then nothing. Pressing 5-6 times and suddenly it continued and went all the way up!
I have also before this had a problem where it would not go down properly and register as closed. Going up a bit and down a few times solved that and then it evolved to this problem.
Seems like something is slipping (I hope it's that simple)
Booked in at Mercedes and hope I have less trouble getting it fixed than some other threads here and on facebook with the same problems!

Ronn

I have been having similar, but found if I press "up" I get a momentary whir then nothing. Pressing 5-6 times and suddenly it continued and went all the way up!
I have also before this had a problem where it would not go down properly and register as closed. Going up a bit and down a few times solved that and then it evolved to this problem.
Seems like something is slipping (I hope it's that simple)
Booked in at Mercedes and hope I have less trouble getting it fixed than some other threads here and on facebook with the same problems!
I have the same problem. Did you get it fixed? What was causing it?

XEG12

I have the same problem. Did you get it fixed? What was causing it?
Mercedes have looked and say they can find nothing wrong. I am wondering if having the Duvalay mattress topper on top of the standard mattress might be causing a problem.

Amanda Burgess

They eventually found a kink in the wiring to operate the roof and once straightened out it seems to have resolved the issue so far. I had a very thin mattress topper on the mattress which was ok but the duvalay one might be too thick?