Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

POP TOP - how to lower with no leisure battery power?

Dennis

We had a nightmare at the weekend, I believe the fridge thermostat malfunctioned (Common fault I think) which overnight drained the leisure battery completely. When it came to lower the POP-top the next morning, of course there was no power.

Q - What is the procedure to lower the pop top with NO leisure battery power available?

I tried the emergency lower procedure but it did not work ( Hold button for 3s and lower within 15s etc), it was still showing the battery empty symbol on the display. In the end I ran the engine with the alarm sounding for 5 minutes to get a little power into the leisure battery and eventually was able to lower, surely this cannot be the way to do it.

Model 2018

Method7

You have to get power from somewhere - seems logical that the system is designed so you don’t kill all the batteries… starting the engine makes sense to me. Dunno what the alternative could be… a generator or solar charger, booster battery/power pack.

I do chuckle at all these MP systems that have unnecessarily over complicated simple tasks like closing a door, opening the roof or adjusting a seat, there are no manual overrides so you’re are stuck when it all falls over…

Dennis

You have to get power from somewhere - seems logical that the system is designed so you don’t kill all the batteries… starting the engine makes sense to me. Dunno what the alternative could be… a generator or solar charger, booster battery/power pack.

I do chuckle at all these MP systems that have unnecessarily over complicated simple tasks like closing a door, opening the roof or adjusting a seat, there are no manual overrides so you’re are stuck when it all falls over…
I agree, the simplicity of the rock n roll bed and vow pop top is all that’s needed, it’s been on my mind since I got it and I knew it would catch me out at some point. It’s just so surprising there isn’t a simple backup plan. Well at least I know there’s no secret switch or trick I didn’t know about, perhaps the solar or power pack is going to be a solution longer term. Cheers

Epigram

Yes complexity for complexity’s sake and inordinate expense when it goe wrong.
Not quite as bad as opening a Tesla glove box through the central iPad rather than pulling on a handle.
One irritation for me is not being able to turn off the wardrobe mirror light; a magnetic relay rather than a switch. Although you can get over that by taping a neodymium magnet to the door!