Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picnic table

askho

How is the picnic table supposed to be fitted in its "tray", legs facing downwards/outwards or the other way round. Try as I might I can't get the table top to face outwards, which looks a lot neater, because the legs don't fold completely flat so I can't seat it properly in its "tray" and lock it into position.

Epigram

Mine fits face down. Photos attached
Before I ditched the canvas carrier for the Mercedes chairs (which must have been a Westfalia apprentice D&T project) I kept it the other way up so that the top didn’t get scratched and had a foam sheet to reduce the potential for things touching and rattling.

Attachments

• CCAEF4CB-699A-408B-815D-D2078856D826.jpeg
    CCAEF4CB-699A-408B-815D-D2078856D826.jpeg
    789.1 KB · Views: 33
  • E8ED0CBE-5477-450E-B29A-02EFCE129430.jpeg
    E8ED0CBE-5477-450E-B29A-02EFCE129430.jpeg
    974.8 KB · Views: 31

askho

Do the legs on your table protrude a little in the folded position. Mine do so I cannot sit it flush against the bottom of the extended bed portion to lock it into position with the table top facing outwards, like yours.

Last edited:

Epigram

No, the legs fit completely within the depth of the table top frame.
Looking at the underside, with the leg locating lug on the right hand side , you have to close the right leg first as in the photo, the left leg then clips into the retaining lug and all is contained within the depth of the table top. :)

askho

I have found out why the legs on my picnic don't fold flush so I can store it with the table top facing outwards. From the dealer the table was folded with the legs extended. Now I have got them retracted, they fold flush now. Result.:)