Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Option Heaters

CaptainPolo

Has anybody spec'd the vehicle with BOTH heaters from the dealership? If so, would it be possible to take a photo to show how/where they are fitted?

RFT

I've got both. The auxillary hot air heater is under the passenger seat I think. All you can see is the vent. I guess that the auxillary hot water heater is in the engine bay. Good luck indentifying it. Why do you want fitting photos?

CaptainPolo

Just trying to decipher whether or not it is practical to retro fit an aftermarket 'night' heater. I was unsure if the 'night' heater was actually mounted outside the cabin (underneath the vehicle) which would explain why they reduce the size of the ad blue tank. Any ideas on that point?

tbu

Captain Polo
We also have both.
1 The auxiliary hot-water heater (as it’s described in our specification sheet) is a feature of the V class vehicle, independent of the conversion. In terms of venting, it blows air into the rear cabin at floor level. The vent is positioned between the co-driver and driver seats. Assuming both vehicle and driver are in range of a cellular network connection (and the starter battery charge level is sufficient) it can be controlled using the Mercedes Me app either to switch it on ad hoc (for up to 50 minutes) or to set and activate timers (up to three set departure times per day). As discussed elsewhere there are limits on its usage. The remote is a Mercedes branded remote. The V class also supports other features such as using excess warm air from the engine when stopped and cold air but I would defer to my “co driver” who has studied the manual much more thoroughly than I and experimented.
2 The warm air auxiliary heater as it’s described is part of the conversion and is just that. It’s vent is located in the base of the co-drivers seat. It can be controlled (on off; timers; target temperature) from the Marco Polo control panel or via its remote if one is purchased

Steve B

Does anyone know the Tempmatic/Thermotronic conundrum. I've got both aux hot water & air heaters, yet it came spec'd with no cost option of Tempmatic semi-auto. Yet most models seem to come with Thermotronic with a left & right temp control/auto setting as standard; is it the aux hot air heater that determines this?