Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Operating the Climate Control system

I have a recently purchased a Long Sport 2018 model from my local MD. With the last spell of hot weather I suddenly became aware that hot air was pumping out strongly in the rear of the vehicle. I was able to have cold air in the front but despite trying my hardest to come to terms with the instructions in the handbook, which seemed to be at variance with my model, I could not find a means of changing the temperature via the front or rear control panel on page 153 of my hand book. I couldn't even establish where the front or rear control panel was. Not giving up hope I spent the morning in the van with my wife and two dogs sitting in the back helping and getting very hot. I accept that my inability to follow these multi, somewhat complicated, instructions may be to blame but I am wondering if I have a fault requiring technical work on the system or whether someone out there has a simple solution of what I should do. Incidentally closing the vents above the seats only made the vents very hot. I was reluctant to go to the dealer in case it was just me.

DLDB

I have a recently purchased a Long Sport 2018 model from my local MD. With the last spell of hot weather I suddenly became aware that hot air was pumping out strongly in the rear of the vehicle. I was able to have cold air in the front but despite trying my hardest to come to terms with the instructions in the handbook, which seemed to be at variance with my model, I could not find a means of changing the temperature via the front or rear control panel on page 153 of my hand book. I couldn't even establish where the front or rear control panel was. Not giving up hope I spent the morning in the van with my wife and two dogs sitting in the back helping and getting very hot. I accept that my inability to follow these multi, somewhat complicated, instructions may be to blame but I am wondering if I have a fault requiring technical work on the system or whether someone out there has a simple solution of what I should do. Incidentally closing the vents above the seats only made the vents very hot. I was reluctant to go to the dealer in case it was just me.
There is a button under the main screen with two seats on it. Pressing this button brings up a separate control for the rear of the vehicle.

Tee

Yep, agree with DLDB. Its a seat with an arrow to a seat. It toggles between front and back settings. Took me a loooooong time to figure.

the aircon is hard to understand, here’s what I learned:

- it’s a 3 zone system (left rocker, right rocker for front ones, and that toggle switch to sort the rear which means when you operate the dashboard buttons they effect the rear settings)
- most of the time the dash buttons are enough and I tend to just set to Auto and just toggle up/down the temp
- on some menus you can pull downwards the big rotating dial and this brings up AIRCON settings that you can rotate the dial over and press to change
- there is a fabulously complex menu in command control vehicle settings called CLIMATE. It’s impressive, but complex with lots of blue and red arrows, etc

my best piece of @advice is to download the App instruction manual (I have on iPad) and go sit in the car and play with the online manual / aircon controls.

i think the aircon in the van is very strong and impresses me, as does the insulation in hot weather

lastly, the ven5 for the rear Aircon flow is in the lower boot under the wardrobes - try keep the circulation routes to this clear for it to work best

T

Hi Tee

Can't thank you enough. As soon as it stops raining I shall try again and follow your help. I couldn't imagine it was a vehicle fault, other than it has an unnecessarily complicated multi-media system.

Yep, agree with DLDB. Its a seat with an arrow to a seat. It toggles between front and back settings. Took me a loooooong time to figure.

the aircon is hard to understand, here’s what I learned:

- it’s a 3 zone system (left rocker, right rocker for front ones, and that toggle switch to sort the rear which means when you operate the dashboard buttons they effect the rear settings)
- most of the time the dash buttons are enough and I tend to just set to Auto and just toggle up/down the temp
- on some menus you can pull downwards the big rotating dial and this brings up AIRCON settings that you can rotate the dial over and press to change
- there is a fabulously complex menu in command control vehicle settings called CLIMATE. It’s impressive, but complex with lots of blue and red arrows, etc

my best piece of @advice is to download the App instruction manual (I have on iPad) and go sit in the car and play with the online manual / aircon controls.

i think the aircon in the van is very strong and impresses me, as does the insulation in hot weather

lastly, the ven5 for the rear Aircon flow is in the lower boot under the wardrobes - try keep the circulation routes to this clear for it to work best

T
Hi Tee
Have been unable to find the App you mentioned, can you enlighten me?

Tee

Hi there. I should have been more clear. on the Apple AppStore it’s Mercedes-Benz Guides. Download it and then you select the + sign top right and add vehicle (Passenger cars….. V Class …. then choose the model year).

you can view online or download

you then have comprehensive V Class set of manuals that includes a Marco Polo specific functions one. It’s nice to use vs the paper version

good luck with the rain. I think Thursday is looking ok.

T

Hi Tee.
Brilliant! All I have to do now is follow these much clearer instructions. You must be very intuitive, I am no better at self assembled furniture. Don't know how I would manage without help. Heaters were an extra in my day. Thanks again.