Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

On the cusp

Defender1

I have the factory towbar and thoroughly pleased with it. I was just wondering if an aftermarket Westfalia (essentially the same thing) has the dedicated storage facility in the rear side compartment, i.e. the polystyrene moulded piece? Anyone know?

Hi, we had a Westfalia detachable towbar fitted to our Horizon recently, and the storage facility is there, with the polystyrene moulded piece so it fits straight in as the factory one would. Hope this helps.

SteveR

Hi, we had a Westfalia detachable towbar fitted to our Horizon recently, and the storage facility is there, with the polystyrene moulded piece so it fits straight in as the factory one would. Hope this helps.
Thanks
No I have a factory fitted Westfalia one. I was just curious as to whether the polystyrene holder was there for those that haven't had the factory option

C

Crispin

VIP Member
Hi .. just bought a 250dAMG.. perfect power and I intend to tow a 2000kg trailer up and down France. ( 190hp loads of torque) hopefully bulletproof.

Reactions: KDM

KDM

Quick question that I’m fretting about currently.

Whilst really keen “on paper” I am yet to see/play/drive one in the flesh. The first dealer (local) said they don't have any MPs, but I can drive a demo V220 long regular MPV.

So, my first thought is are there any forum members local to me (Halifax, WY) that I could visit/chat/look - bearing in mind COVID. And, secondly, I’m after the V300 ideally, any suggestions how to gauge how it might drive. It’s a nigh on £70k purchase and not being able to see or drive it might just force me to wait, or head to the dark-side. Bugger.
There was not a V300 option when we picked up our 2018 model, I was initially a little concerned with the V250 version being under powered. Not so, the smaller engine has plenty of pep and great mileage. I'm not sure how much more the 300 is, but I think even when towing you'd be satisfied with the smaller engine. I work in the foothills of the Alps (Italian side) and we call our work site "Little Zugspitze." Extremely steep with switch backs, my van climbs it effortlessly. I drive mostly in Economy mode, but occassionally in Comfort, and when in tricky Italian traffic situations, e.g., merging into traffic and shooting into a round about. It has as much pep as my Audi TT 3.2L.