Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

North Coast 500

StevieG

Hi All,
Latest cunning plan for the MarcoPolo is to do the NC500, maybe later this year depending on when it starts snowing!
We’ve been using a Vango Galli III RSV as our full fat single campsite awning but for a stop-go trip wanted something a bit simpler.
Solution from Campervanbits is the Comfortz camping room - arrived this morning and it took around 5 mins to put up; hangs off the Thule 4900 wind out awning and fits the bill perfectly. Awesome piece of kit and fully matches pop up roof wraparound cover and front windscreen cover from Comfortz.
Big shout out to Shayne at Campervanbits!
Now to get that NC500 map out!

Steve

Attachments

• 303220FE-8C93-42DE-8C20-7F190AA8C9F4.jpeg
    303220FE-8C93-42DE-8C20-7F190AA8C9F4.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 15

Method7

We did some of the NC500 on three different occasions all in mid February twice in our old V280 east and north and once in the MP west - cut short due to a double puncture at Three Sisters where the road had collapsed - dozens of punctuated vehicles.
We weren’t directly doing the 500 but some of our trip used the same route and I suspect we might well do it properly because you just can’t get too much of a good thing. When I look back I think we were extremely lucky with the weather, each time we had 2 weeks of glorious winter sunshine with one week of grey clouds and sun. Just as well because we took nothing for snow! Seems crazy now but I never considered the possibility of getting snowed in. The V280 might have coped but the V220 AMG has no chance. So before we go next time I’ll be asking questions about snow boots and shovels.

Steve B

The 500 is on our list to do as well, we bought a book about it quite a while ago and it was partly the reason we bought the MP. Also, the camping room is a great solution for quick up and down, I went for one side and one front thule rain blocker instead as I didn't need it for an enclosed shelter.

StevieG

We had a look at the Thule rain blocker, the Thule QuickFit and the Residence but they didn’t really suit … the Comfortz solution can be 1,2 or 3 sides and seems really good quality … add in a 6x8 ft groundsheet and 2 x 2.2 m carpet from GO Outdoors and we’re away!
e-version of the NC500 book / map / itineraries etc really good as well