Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Owner

Shauny

Shauny

VIP Member
Hi All, very proud new owner of MP. Apologies in advance for the many questions I will have. Just travelled to Whitby for a couple of days, MP parked outside the hotel .

hopefully next week will be our first adventure.

Shauny

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Howdy :Welcome: and enjoy your adventures

You'll find there's not enough answers to all the questions:(

Marc o Polo

Hi, Shauny,

Welcome. Love Whitby. Try to visit Sandsend if you have never been. - I actually park in the car park there, usually make a tea before doing anything else. Great sea front views including view to Whitby castle. Worth a look if you fancy a short 5 min drive.

(To get to the car park in Sandsend, just travel along the coast road (with the sea to your right) you will find it at the end, has loos and cafe - (never used cafe). Enjoy the car make good use of it as I am doing with mine..

.....mean't to say Whitby Abbey

Last edited:

Epigram

Hi and welcome Shauny

Like your style... get camper, drive to Whitby, stay in hotel :)
There is a long standing joke from Mrs Epigram: “ I’ll stay in a hotel and you can sleep in the MP in the hotel car park”
Interestingly she has changed her tune as a result of covid and is not so keen on sleeping in beds that other people have slept in regardless of the number of stars the hotel has.

Grand Tourismo

There is a long standing joke from Mrs Epigram: “ I’ll stay in a hotel and you can sleep in the MP in the hotel car park”
Interestingly she has changed her tune as a result of covid and is not so keen on sleeping in beds that other people have slept in regardless of the number of stars the hotel has.
Might sound stupid to some Epi but we recently rented a self catering house in N Devon and took our own bedding and pillows for the very same reason....therefore we needed the MP to transport everything we wanted to take! :D

I did look back inside the loaded van and thought that we didn't really need the rental house! o_O

V

Valakho

VIP Member
Hi All, very proud new owner of MP. Apologies in advance for the many questions I will have. Just travelled to Whitby for a couple of days, MP parked outside the hotel .

hopefully next week will be our first adventure.

Shauny
Welcome and enjoy. Another lockdown for 7 days in Victoria Down Under. Cheers.

Epigram

Might sound stupid to some Epi but we recently rented a self catering house in N Devon and took our own bedding and pillows for the very same reason....therefore we needed the MP to transport everything we wanted to take! :D

I did look back inside the loaded van and thought that we didn't really need the rental house! o_O
IMO quite sensible GT.
Last Christmas the quickest way to get rapid PCR tests results for an onward drive to France was to stay overnight at a Heathrow hotel that arranged tests on site.. We took our own pillows and disinfected our room.
Probably a bit over the top until I later saw the “cleaners” service room - no masks, clean and used linen in close contact etc.
In another life we would have enjoyed a meal in a plush restaurant but with the large throughput of guests from all over the world we felt we were in a covid petri dish and were glad to get away.
For obvious reasons the MP has the nickname “Double Bubble”.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Seems it's the norm to for the mp to not be used as intended.

I viewed one and the owner enthused about the comfort of the very expensive mattress topper that was included, only to reveal they had only ever been for picnics and not camped in it :rolleyes: wasted.

Shauny

Shauny

VIP Member
Just back from my first overnight stay in my MP, stayed as a taster and learn about my MP at the Well I hole site in saddleworth. Everything was great fantastic nights sleep