Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Owner Help - please

Mark Greenhalgh

Hi, we are new to this and picked up our MP Christmas week.... this is the first chance to use with Christmas etc so today getting ready for a trip tomorrow...... doom, we can not get the Central Control Panel to come on..... it is nana, dead, kaput - can anyone help please.
THe manual just states to pushe the right hand button et voila it should come on, but nothing. We have tried with the engine off, with the engine on..... many thanks in advance.

mptripsaway

Hi, we are new to this and picked up our MP Christmas week.... this is the first chance to use with Christmas etc so today getting ready for a trip tomorrow...... doom, we can not get the Central Control Panel to come on..... it is nana, dead, kaput - can anyone help please.
THe manual just states to pushe the right hand button et voila it should come on, but nothing. We have tried with the engine off, with the engine on..... many thanks in advance.
Was it working when you took delivery?

mptripsaway

Control panel is protected by 5 amp fuse located in fuse panel below cool box, fuse No1. Worth checking.
If the fuse is okay my only other suggestion is to plug into mains hook up to charge battery to above 12.5v.

Last edited:

mptripsaway

Any resolution to your problem Mark? It certainly sounds like a flat battery may be the likely cause.

Last edited:

keith

I had the same problem picked up my MP on the 3 rd jan and as these mp,s are new to dealers, I was told as the leisure battery was no charched enough they could not demonstrate the roof function.
Got it home after a long run charging the battery and still no joy, I.e no display on the console. Booked it in to MB for repair and told they needed to order new console from Germany.
Should get a call from mb tomorrow to get it replaced

mptripsaway

I had the same problem picked up my MP on the 3 rd jan and as these mp,s are new to dealers, I was told as the leisure battery was no charched enough they could not demonstrate the roof function.
Got it home after a long run charging the battery and still no joy, I.e no display on the console. Booked it in to MB for repair and told they needed to order new console from Germany.
That's interesting, hope all is sorted for you soon.
I think it is really bad service from the dealer that they haven't fully PDI'd your MP including all of the habitation side before delivery. It can't be that difficult for them to fully charge the lesiure battery.

Katie

Has someone checked that the battery is actually charged? If not, it could be faulty but might be an idea to charge it directly from mains.
In my experience, people sometimes say to replace an item if its under warranty rather than try to find the actual cause.

Matt

I received my MP in November and the battery was flat so I couldn't raise the roof or try the fridge etc. The delivery staff knew nothing so I initially thought there was a fault. I bought cables and charged it for 12 hours and all thankfully worked fine. I agree that the handover left a lot to be desired! I would advise to try and mains charge it first as that worked for me.

funkyegg

That's really annoying! Having just received the car but can't enjoy it straightaway. Hope it will be sorted soon. I just felt it's unlikely there is a fault with the hardware on a brand new Merc but what do I know...:confused:

Katie

I doubt my dealer even has a hook up cable.
Once I know mine has arrived I’m going to lend them mine if they need it before they do the pdi.
I got them to throw in the star guard treatment so they’ll need the van for a few days once it’s arrived at the dealers.

mptripsaway

It would be interesting to know if the OP (Mark) managed to get his console working and if a flat battery was the culprit!

BabaJen

If the console is not active on collection, how can the dealer, or customer picking the van up, confirm that the roof is working and all in order, that the fridge works, that the auxiliary heater etc all function as they should? I would not leave the dealers until being assured of that.

mptripsaway

OP has not been back to the forum since his original post so is it safe to assume all was sorted and they got away on their maiden voyage ? :)

Mark Greenhalgh

If the console is not active on collection, how can the dealer, or customer picking the van up, confirm that the roof is working and all in order, that the fridge works, that the auxiliary heater etc all function as they should? I would not leave the dealers until being assured of that.
Hiya, it was Christmas week and they were busy... we had done a test drive in one they had so wrongly thought all well...... absolutely right, the pdi should have actually picked this up... I have made a lot of noise to the dealer.... bad service!

Mark Greenhalgh

OP has not been back to the forum since his original post so is it safe to assume all was sorted and they got away on their maiden voyage ? :)
Hi, no we haven’t yet.... blooming nightmare. All sorted now and we off to the top of Scotland next week.... can’t wait. Bad initial set up though, expected more from Mercedes but live and learn..... thanks for checking.

mptripsaway

Glad you're all sorted Mark. Enjoy your trip, it really is a great camper in spite of many dealers not having a clue!