Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Marco polo

Evripidis

Hello I'm new in the club. It is nice to be here.
I'm ready to buy a new MP and i have queries according to order the awning during the order or to drive some period and to install later from the market if we really need? Normal uses of MP will be every day in the city in Greece (Thessaloniki) . As i know is not easy to install and uninstall the original awning. Do you know if there is after market some type of model for easy installation and uninstall? Thank you

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
even the one you purchase from Mercedes on a factory order is just a Thule one, unbranded.. Its easy to install on brackets that attach to the existing rails...

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
but you can install a Thule quite easily, or if you don't want to permiantly attach you can get something like this

Reactions: KDM

KDM

but you can install a Thule quite easily, or if you don't want to permiantly attach you can get something like this

That looks like a nice alternative solution. Does it fit in the roof track? I'd consider getting this and removing the one that came on the vehicle for a sleeker appearance.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
yes It slights into the roof track. and then pulls out and tensions like a tent. ive seen a lot of them around to be honestly

Steve B

I think the thule one is fine, doesn't cause any issues when not in use (other than drips for a long time after going through a hand car wash!). I've bought a front & side panel, which are great. Pic below is from June last year, what a difference a year makes!!
yarwell june19.jpg

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
yeah I am in the market for some of those side panels !