Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Navigation Software

Roo

I'm a bit of an interloper here as I'm a V220 owner and not an MP, but I do appreciate getting tips on the vehicles.

I did a CarPlay installation myself on my 70'plate vehicle with Comand using the kit from Integrated Automotive: https://integratedautomotive.co.uk/...etrofit-carplay-and-android-auto-upgrade-kit/
Totally worth it to be able to use Google Maps etc!

Downside was that it wasn't the simplest of installations and you need to be confident removing interior trim to do a DIY fitment. I learnt a few things along the way, but thankfully didn't do irreparable damage to anything. I also had a few setup and config issues that was diagnosed to a faulty unit. Scott from IA was absolutely awesome throughout and gave me constant support when needed, including responding out of hours and at the weekend when I was trying to install it. Would I install it again and is it good value for money - Yes.

It's not without it's quirks, but then it isn't a factory system - main one being that once your in CarPlay, you cannot easily access radio/CD or other vehicle controls like AirCon as you effectively switch from one control system to another. That doesn't mean the AirCon doesn't work, you just can't see the screen with things like the temp on there. Also the 360deg camera does trigger, but only gives you reverse camera options.
You only have to press and hold a button to toggle back out of CarPlay and you're back to normal, so for me it isn't an issue.

I've set it up to only manually switch into CarPlay on demand, but that suits how I use the vehicle which is mostly for longer trips, so I only switch to CarPlay when I've done my maneuvering out of parking space with the camera, set the temperature, chosen the radio station etc. and got underway. For me that works perfectly and about 4000 miles around Europe this summer with Google Maps for support was faultless. If I was nipping to the shops, I probably would just stay in Mercedes mode to be honest.

Anyway, it is a useful and viable alternative to the Merc Comand system in my opinion. Hope that's useful for some of you.
Pete.
Pete, thanks for sharing. I’ve the same issues as the above people with the command/ garmin Sat nav on being wildly out of date. Had apple car play in my car prior to changing to the Marco polo and it was one thing I was really disappointed that it didn’t have for the year it is(2019). Glad to read your reviews on it and thanks for linking to where you got it.

Akanek

hola buenas a todos
Yo también tengo problemas con las actualizaciones.
la marco polo tiene un garmin map pilot y lo que me dicen es que para actualizarlo, tengo que comprar la actualizacion en la meredes la cual cobra 200 euros.
¿Alguno con el mismo gps que lo haya actualizado de otra manera o en otro sitio?
gracias