Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mud flaps…..

C

ChrisM

VIP Member
Looking to fit a set of mudflaps to my 2018 MP which is an V250 AMG line car.
Mercedes dealer says nothing available for the AMG line car but I can’t see why the regular V-class flaps wouldn’t fit as the side sills on my car look identical to any other V-class be it AMG or not.
I have noticed on the later V300D that they have a larger add-on side skirt but my car doesn’t have these.
Searches via google etc suggest that the following Mercedes part numbers should fit but my dealer will only order them if I pay beforehand and they are non-returnable…!
Front A447 890 0000
Rear A447 890 0100
It’s primarily the fronts I would like to order to save the dirt along the side.
So who has fitted them and can you confirm these part numbers will fit??
I would prefer to order genuine Mercedes ones as opposed to the Amazon / ebay Chinese options.
Pic of my MP shows no larger add-on side skirts.
Thanks in advance, Chris

Attachments

• IMG_4071.jpeg
    IMG_4071.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12

NomadS

Looking to fit a set of mudflaps to my 2018 MP which is an V250 AMG line car.
Mercedes dealer says nothing available for the AMG line car but I can’t see why the regular V-class flaps wouldn’t fit as the side sills on my car look identical to any other V-class be it AMG or not.
I have noticed on the later V300D that they have a larger add-on side skirt but my car doesn’t have these.
Searches via google etc suggest that the following Mercedes part numbers should fit but my dealer will only order them if I pay beforehand and they are non-returnable…!
Front A447 890 0000
Rear A447 890 0100
It’s primarily the fronts I would like to order to save the dirt along the side.
So who has fitted them and can you confirm these part numbers will fit??
I would prefer to order genuine Mercedes ones as opposed to the Amazon / ebay Chinese options.
Pic of my MP shows no larger add-on side skirts.
Thanks in advance, Chris
I had the same response from the local Mercedes dealership where we bought the MP from in April this year. We have a 2023 V300d AMG Line and like you, it looked to me like the mud flaps would fit. I had to order them from the Mercedes dealer on a no-return basis. I arranged for my 'trusted mechanic' (not the Mercedes dealership) to fit them; he's a real perfectionist and they look excellent. They have now been on the vehicle for eight months and over 9,000 miles covered, and I would say that they look and perform really well.

C

ChrisM

VIP Member
I had the same response from the local Mercedes dealership where we bought the MP from in April this year. We have a 2023 V300d AMG Line and like you, it looked to me like the mud flaps would fit. I had to order them from the Mercedes dealer on a no-return basis. I arranged for my 'trusted mechanic' (not the Mercedes dealership) to fit them; he's a real perfectionist and they look excellent. They have now been on the vehicle for eight months and over 9,000 miles covered, and I would say that they look and perform really well.
That’s positive news…..
Don’t suppose you can confirm the Mercedes part numbers supplied can you?
Can you post any pictures of both front and rear flaps?
Thanks in advance, Chris

NomadS

That’s positive news…..
Don’t suppose you can confirm the Mercedes part numbers supplied can you?
Can you post any pictures of both front and rear flaps?
Thanks in advance, Chris
Hi Chris. I’ve checked back through all the payments to Mercedes, and I can’t find the invoice, and therefore parts numbers. That said, they are definitely the standard, V-Class mudflaps from Mercedes. I have taken photos of front and back flaps fitted (apologies – the weather is awful, and the vehicle is filthy!). I've also added one from the front of the vehicle, from when we were on holiday earlier in the year. In case you’d like reassurance, I think they look really neat and no different from any dealer-fit flaps I’ve ever had fitted in the past. I even showed them (fitted) to the service manager at the Mercedes dealership, who thought they fitted just like they do to the standard V-Class, and said he would make a mental note for when a future MP owner asked for flaps to be fitted. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9164.jpg
    IMG_9164.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
C

ChrisM

VIP Member
Hi Chris. I’ve checked back through all the payments to Mercedes, and I can’t find the invoice, and therefore parts numbers. That said, they are definitely the standard, V-Class mudflaps from Mercedes. I have taken photos of front and back flaps fitted (apologies – the weather is awful, and the vehicle is filthy!). I've also added one from the front of the vehicle, from when we were on holiday earlier in the year. In case you’d like reassurance, I think they look really neat and no different from any dealer-fit flaps I’ve ever had fitted in the past. I even showed them (fitted) to the service manager at the Mercedes dealership, who thought they fitted just like they do to the standard V-Class, and said he would make a mental note for when a future MP owner asked for flaps to be fitted. Hope that helps.
They look great and just what I’m looking for.
It’s just that gamble that the V-class set (that the dealers say will not fit) part numbers in my earlier message are the ones in your pictures….
The pictures of the way they fit looks identical to my 2018 MP.
If only we had the part numbers of these on your car….
Appreciate your help

NomadS

They look great and just what I’m looking for.
It’s just that gamble that the V-class set (that the dealers say will not fit) part numbers in my earlier message are the ones in your pictures….
The pictures of the way they fit looks identical to my 2018 MP.
If only we had the part numbers of these on your car….
Appreciate your help
Hi Chris. Whilst I can't find the receipt for the mud flaps from the Mercedes dealer, what I have found is the part reference in an email exchange I had with the service department at my local MB dealership. The front flaps' parts code is: A447 890 0000. This ties up perfectly with your original post on this forum, so I think you can be pretty confident that ordering these ones will fit yours. I hope that helps. Nigel.

C

ChrisM

VIP Member
Hi Chris. Whilst I can't find the receipt for the mud flaps from the Mercedes dealer, what I have found is the part reference in an email exchange I had with the service department at my local MB dealership. The front flaps' parts code is: A447 890 0000. This ties up perfectly with your original post on this forum, so I think you can be pretty confident that ordering these ones will fit yours. I hope that helps. Nigel.
Thanks Nigel
I’ve tracked some down today at a local Mercedes ‘commercial’ dealer. Gave them the two part numbers and they had them on stock! Let me take them out to the MP and try them - the fronts fit great but sadly not the rears (A447 890 0100).
I purchased the fronts and will get them fitted later this week.
Rear ones still a mystery ‍…?!!?

NomadS

Thanks Nigel
I’ve tracked some down today at a local Mercedes ‘commercial’ dealer. Gave them the two part numbers and they had them on stock! Let me take them out to the MP and try them - the fronts fit great but sadly not the rears (A447 890 0100).
I purchased the fronts and will get them fitted later this week.
Rear ones still a mystery ‍…?!!?
It's interesting that you used a Mercedes commercial dealer. I have recently been doing the same, having had Mertrux recommended to me. I drive an hour-and-a-half to have warranty work and servicing done there, even though my local dealership is literally three minutes drive away. The service I have had from Mertrux in Derby has been outstanding. There are a family firm, who treat customers as the most important thing in their business; I've never seen anything like it in dealing with any manufacturers, including the high-end ones.

Back to your your rear mudflaps situation – that makes sense. I remember the technician who fitted mine said they needed pushing slightly higher up to get them to fit flush with the rear bumper, but I can assure you they do fit. I was there when he fitted them, and it took very little time, and as you can see from the pictures, they look amazing.