Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MP Horizon - Is 'upstairs' mattress standard?

Lamb875

Hi all,

I am new to the group, having just put down a deposit for a MP Horizon. I've looked at a couple of others, both of which had a mattress in the upstairs bed when I saw them. The one I've agreed to buy didn't have one in place (just the sprung base), which the dealer said he would investigate.

He's come back to me today, and is saying that the mattress is an optional extra that I would have to buy. I find this really hard to believe, but can't find anywhere that really clearly states that the mattress is standard equipment.

I would be really grateful if any of you could tell me:

- Did your MP come with the upstairs mattress as standard?
- Does it have a part number?
- Do you have any official specs/photos/websites showing that UK cars do have a standard mattress?

I wonder if he's getting confused between the mattress itself and any mattress toppers that might be available as accessories...

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bill

Steve B

The mattress in the top should be standard, most dealers have no clue about the MP. Plenty on here about issues with them though, many have been replaced under a recall.

Lamb875

Thanks Steve. Dealer is now saying that it is standard on the Marco Polo, but not included on the Horizon. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other? Anyone else been asked to pay for the mattress as an accessory on a Horizon?

SteveR

Thanks Steve. Dealer is now saying that it is standard on the Marco Polo, but not included on the Horizon. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other? Anyone else been asked to pay for the mattress as an accessory on a Horizon?
Why not have a look on the MB site / brochure? It will show standard items (albeit for current new models), and you can show it to him to prove

Method7

Our Horizon came with a mattress, it’s been recalled because of it so I wonder if your dealer has lost track of this issue, maybe doing a quick swap with a customer while the vehicle you have looked at has been in stock.
Either way it’s a standard component, you better check that the catch net that fits around the aperture is there, designed to prevent the pillows falling into the cockpit. Lots of people seem to have them missing..

RFT

I really think they make it up as they go along. (Salesmen that is, not MP owners)

Lamb875

All - thanks for your help on this. After a week of email tennis, the dealer has finally agreed that it should be standard.

It seems like the problem did stem from the confusion between the mattress and mattress toppers, as on my original post. I can get back to being excited about the immenent arrival of the MP now...