Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress Topper Missing?

GeorgeG

Just got home with my new MP V220d in Cavansite blue and silk beige (bit posh compared to what I’m used to!) All the MP’s I looked at and drove had the mattress topper that goes on the dowstairs seats when made into a bed. The MP I’ve bought did not have this and I queried the fact that the brochure shows the bed with a topper under the standard equipment page. The dealer said they didn’t have it (they looked for it in their cupboards!) and were certain it wasn’t included. What I find odd is that the topper is not listed as an option in the sales brochure/price list.

Owners experiences of receiving (or not) a topper with their van would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone specified one and had to pay for it, or alternatively found it in the new vehicle?

I have to say the dealer knew virtually nothing about the vehicle and was grateful for what I was able to tell him about them. Much the same as my experience with VW dealers, as a former California owner. Recently when viewing a new California in a VW Van Centre showroom, I asked the “Sales Controller” about the inverter and he told me it didn’t have one. I agreed to differ and he grabbed a brochure and after a few minutes he said “oh, they do have an inverter, I didn’t know that.” And he was the boss!

Israel

Just got home with my new MP V220d in Cavansite blue and silk beige (bit posh compared to what I’m used to!) All the MP’s I looked at and drove had the mattress topper that goes on the dowstairs seats when made into a bed. The MP I’ve bought did not have this and I queried the fact that the brochure shows the bed with a topper under the standard equipment page. The dealer said they didn’t have it (they looked for it in their cupboards!) and were certain it wasn’t included. What I find odd is that the topper is not listed as an option in the sales brochure/price list.

Owners experiences of receiving (or not) a topper with their van would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone specified one and had to pay for it, or alternatively found it in the new vehicle?

I have to say the dealer knew virtually nothing about the vehicle and was grateful for what I was able to tell him about them. Much the same as my experience with VW dealers, as a former California owner. Recently when viewing a new California in a VW Van Centre showroom, I asked the “Sales Controller” about the inverter and he told me it didn’t have one. I agreed to differ and he grabbed a brochure and after a few minutes he said “oh, they do have an inverter, I didn’t know that.” And he was the boss!
It was not included with our, but I didn't expected it either. I do not think it comes as standard.

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

ishi051

We didn’t have a topper with ours, and I don’t recall seeing one in the brochure either, so I will have to have another look! In any case it is on our list to get one because I can’t imagine sleeping on it without one. I’d be interested to see pictures of the ‘standard’ one or any recommendations....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeG

We didn’t have a topper with ours, and I don’t recall seeing one in the brochure either, so I will have to have another look! In any case it is on our list to get one because I can’t imagine sleeping on it without one. I’d be interested to see pictures of the ‘standard’ one or any recommendations....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ishi

You can see a picture of the topper on page 27 of the online brochure. I think it would work well, but not tried it. The downside is the amount of space it takes up when folded.

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
I have had a very disappointing battle with MB Uk customer services and my local dealer re the topper and it’s supply - it is shown in the brochure as a “standard” item and no doubt should be included on a vehicle costing £60k plus. No dealers seem to know the answer or the cost of an (or any) accessory for one of their cars....the head office have been nothing but rude and unhelpful offering me, after many calls and emails, a “take it or leave it” allowance off a topper from my local dealer ....love my van but MB customer service needs a lot to be desired.....

RFT

As there's only the 2 of us we've tried sleeping up and down. We brought the upstairs mattress down and it fits a treat - very comfortable too. Only hassle is moving our stuff out of the way.

I am fairly sure the topper is an optional extra and, if I remember rightly (cannot find where I saw the price now, but I recall £400+) an expensive one too. The Westfalia brochure (in German) lists it in excess of 400 Euros. I don't expect to get one when my MP finally gets delivered (embargo permitting).
I checked the UK online brochure too and can find no mention of the topper as a standard item - maybe you saw "Two-seater luxury couch with bed extension" and thought this was the topper? I think this refers to the padded boot shelf which acts as part of the downstairs bed.
I do agree though that for a £60k vehicle, such an item should be standard. Having had German vehicles for the past 15 years though, I am well aware of their options lists - standard you get a steering wheel and everything else is at extra cost!
Luckily, there seem to be a number of good third party alternatives, many of which look like they will be more comfortable and are considerably cheaper.

Katie

Colin is right re the topper. If there are only two of you it might be best to wait until you get the van to see if you need the topper. So far we’ve slept upstairs which is very comfortable and means you can leave downstairs exactly as it is. If the topper had come with the van we’d have just left it at home as it would take up too much space.
If there are more than two of you you might want to shop around and see if you can get a better (and cheaper) topper from elsewhere. For example, When we had a caravan we had a Duvalay topper made to fit our van exactly, which was very comfortable, if a little bulky.

Andrew Pidgeon

I was convinced it came as standard but along with the shower head and the fridge baskets the items are all optional extras. On a recent You Tube video 2 reviewers said that the matress topper is supplied by Mercedes with the new vehicle so ambiguity has been created.

Has anyone fitted running boards to a Marco Polo?