Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo on Fifth Gear

Graham

Strangely enough, I think they sort of did along the way, although I agree their ultimate decision was based on not getting it. If you ignore the summation i.e. needing a can, and more room, then I thought they actually extoled all the virtues of the MP fairly well, praising all the great reasons we have all got one.

We had our first night away in the van on Saturday and had a ball. Went to Blair Atholl with friends who have a VW conversion. Invited other friends who have a caravan similarly sized to the one on the program and they didn't come because they reckon they need at least a couple of nights away to be worth all the bother. Boy did they miss out on a top notch night away and a long walk up Glen Tilt yesterday with autumnal Perthshire looking magnificent.

It was everything Jason Plato described it to be - luxurious, comfortable place to be, brilliant to drive, wine kept cold in the fridge (and a glass poured within 10 minutes of arriving as we were all set up!), scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast on Sunday. Everything has an element of compromise, and I am delighted with those we have chosen to make with the MP.

Reactions: RFT

Trevsked

I agree and think the episode for me came across well as all the positives were what I wanted in the MP and all the negatives like the can I really didn’t want anyway so mattered not. Only had mine two weeks and yet to go away for the night but may well do that next week.

Trevor.

Graham

We had it for 3 weeks before the weekend. Having spent so long thinking and reading before spending all that money, then waiting over 6 months, all of a sudden we were opening the roof (i hadn't even done that) and turning round the seats, before settling down for the evening. It was just the bestest fun ever. Enjoy it when it comes.

Trevsked

I was lucky in my timings it seems as found aMP, ordered it and had in about 10 days. Looking forward to trying it out.

Trevor.