Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual roof closing

MLBJER

My pop up roof is stuck in the open position and won’t close.
I have tried closing it using the manual function but that doesn’t seem to work. Following the instructions I don’t get any beep when I press the button in the cabinet under the gas hob.
I’ve changed the fuse for the roof as well.
Any ideas? My local MB dealer was fairly clueless.

MLBJER

Afraid not. The van is still stuck with the roof up on the drive. Waiting for my local MB dealer to get back to me.

J

j200george

VIP Member
Wonder if there’s a way to reset the control panel. I take it you have the ignition key in and turned to the correct position (sorry, just checking the obvious).

J

j200george

VIP Member
Any update MLBJER?
Is anyone on the forum nearby you, perhaps meet up and compare. That said you can move with the roof up :-/

MLBJER

Any update MLBJER?
Is anyone on the forum nearby you, perhaps meet up and compare. That said you can move with the roof up :-/
I spoke to MB and they sent a local recovery van who was unable to assist. I then went to my local MB dealer and spoke to the service technician. He suggested taking out fuse 1, 6 and 7 and leaving them out for 20 mins as that apparently resets the electrics. No joy. Last resort will be to drive it around to the dealer early morning next week and leave it with them to hopefully figure out.

J

j200george

VIP Member
Bloody hell. Sounds terrible. Sounds like a sensor has gone or something mechanical is locking it in place. Didn’t know that about the fuses. Good luck. I know this isn’t the most active of forums but it does rely on input like this to assist owners. Please let us all know the eventual outcome.

MLBJER

The roof is finally down. I tried it again yesterday and it didn’t work to start with but plugged the van back into the mains, turned the ignition to the second click and finally the manual reset button made a sound and I was able to use the manual lowering. I hadn’t had the van plugged in since doing the fuse reset so don’t know if that helped or what but at least it is down.

J

j200george

VIP Member
Wonder how long it’ll take you to have the condifence to put it back up :)

i would go for a long drive, make sure the leisure battery has plenty of charge then go to the mb dealership and try it in the car park a few times.