Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery Not Always Charging

Seadawn

Thanks for the help. Figured out the problem. Hookup was taking place without flicking the trip switch! Seems all to be good now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are plugged in what voltage readout do you get on the console?

Seadawn

Latest in our saga, whilst we are still waiting for a replacement cupboard light that was ordered in May...

Ours only seems to charge the batteries via the engine but the manual says they should charge when plugged in and I understand that the appliances should also run off the mains when plugged in. We know the mains is working as the console puts the plug symbol up and the bars move to show that it should be charging but no charging is done to either battery.

Dealer today said the wiring diagram they can get hold of shows that this is correct and that the mains doesn’t go near the batteries but it goes against what the manual states and what I would expect in a campervan.

Before I go totally insane on this can somebody confirm what plugging into the mains does in their vehicle and what voltage readout they get on the console when plugged in to the mains?

Thanks for any help !

They
Latest in our saga, whilst we are still waiting for a replacement cupboard light that was ordered in May...

Ours only seems to charge the batteries via the engine but the manual says they should charge when plugged in and I understand that the appliances should also run off the mains when plugged in. We know the mains is working as the console puts the plug symbol up and the bars move to show that it should be charging but no charging is done to either battery.

Dealer today said the wiring diagram they can get hold of shows that this is correct and that the mains doesn’t go near the batteries but it goes against what the manual states and what I would expect in a campervan.

Before I go totally insane on this can somebody confirm what plugging into the mains does in their vehicle and what voltage readout they get on the console when plugged in to the mains?

Thanks for any help !

They can't read the diagram. There's a massive silver battery charger right below the fridge if they remove that panel (it just unclips).

Mine is plugged in so I'll go check the voltage in a mo.

SteveR

....Dealer today said the wiring diagram they can get hold of shows that this is correct and that the mains doesn’t go near the batteries...
They are totally wrong. When hooked up to mains you will get 240v at the internal socket, and the battery charger will charge the batteries given certain criteria are met. Pretty sure it's explained in the manual so look it up, print it out or email it to them. I know you would effectively be doing their job for them but it will save you stress in the long term

Seadawn

Our long awaiting rear cupboard light has arrived and been fitted so we're back to a fully functioning Marco Polo after 5 months !

Plugged in to the mains and the voltage got to 13.9v after 30 seconds :)

Then dropped to 12.4v after another 30 seconds and is remaining steady

Will see over the next week how it fares and if it manages to charge the batteries or not.

JamesWu

Sorry this might disappoint you but my amateur knowledge of led acid battery (including AGM and Gel), it has three stages of charging, bulk - absorb - float, which matches perfectly with my voltage read, once plug in voltage raises to 14.4v - 14.8v, once reach float (depends on discharge level, normally after a night) it should stay around 13.7v.
A full battery should register 13.3v or above (one hour after you unplug), 12.4v means 50% of the battery.

Your read doesn't sound right to me ...

Michael

Thanks for any help !

Plugging in gives 13.4v. When plugged in the Leisure Battery charges and the appliances in the van take power from the hookup

Seadawn

Plugging in gives 13.4v. When plugged in the Leisure Battery charges and the appliances in the van take power from the hookup

Thanks.

Ours was at 12.4v plugged in with fridge running, after 5 hours now at 12.3v so back to the garage after this holiday we think!

Deivo

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same problem with the charger, so when hooked up no charge at all to the batteries. Rely changed and no fuse on the S3 position of the A-pillar fuse box. Any advance on this topic so far? Thank you very much.